• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

J.R. radios or flamethrower?

I am looking forward to seeing radio 409's posts in other sections. New member has got to be busy catching up on what is happening here. :D

O.K. after further research I have found. Flamethrower radios are done by Sandman 500 So. California. J.R. Radios are done by J.R. himself and Bells cb shop has the famous Skrewdriver...Wonder if this is his name or the general census of what they do to their customers.

O.K. after further research I have found. Flamethrower radios are done by Sandman 500 So. California. J.R. Radios are done by J.R. himself and Bells cb shop has the famous Skrewdriver...Wonder if this is his name or the general census of what they do to their customers.

radio 409's signature:
409 Fontanna CA

Wonder if there is a connection? :whistle:

my FlameThrower rocks!
409 Fontanna CA

It's spelled "Fontana", not "Fontanna". There is a reason why most people in SoCal just refer to it as "Fontucky". No offense meant to anyone from that other State with a similar name :love:

Where are you guys getting your info?? The Flamethrower radio is NOT built by JR radio or screwdriver or (Skrewdriver) or sold by them. I own one, and it is built by sold Flamethrower only. I actually like the radio very much. Cost too much?? WTF? It is was between $25.-$ 37 LESS then what it would cost to have the local shop here after taxes and the ones I contaced on the internet to do the SAME MODS and upgrades listed on their add. The radio is a great way to go if you do not want to, or can't do the mods upgrades and Peak and Tweak alignment yourself.
I get great signal reports with it too. Audio is loud and powerfull. If you look there are a boatload of reviews on the internet about the Flamethrower radio. Most of them are VERY good. I think you guys are a bit too quick on the badmouth trigger, at least try one before you knock it. I shot skip with mine all the time, and NEVER had a BAD signal report on the audio or signal strength, dont know who you been talking to, but my FlameThrower rocks!
409 Fontanna CA

$250 for a radio that sells for $140 is a little over the top.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.