• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

JB 150 Blackcat

Stovepipe

KD9BQO
Dec 18, 2013
Southern, IL
Hello all, I'll start by saying this is the first tubed product I've owned. I traded this little thing for a microphone. It has an 8417 tube. The guy I got it from says it should swing 100 watts, the max I see is 50 watts, driving it with 5 watts. So I thought I would try a different tube. I purchased an 8417 from ebay, when I put the ebay tube in the jb 150 it only produces about 25 watts max. Ok, now for my actual question, there is a small rotatable switch on the back, I'm assuming it's for the bias, plate or tune?? Does that need to be changed due to a different tube being used? Is anyone familiar with this little thing? Any help would be appreciated Maybe I just got a crap tune from ebay.

Thanks,

James, KD9BQO

sounds like crap tube from sleaze bay.

the "knob" in the back of the modulator is to set your dead key.

cb tricks has the schematic for this i think.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated