• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Jet Stream Fan Dipole JTFan8010bk

n8tnj

May 28, 2008
I have seen these dipole kits at various ham stores, for the price ($80.00) its not bad. All most the cost if you bought everything new. The only thing is I can't find any product review or anybody that has bought and used the antenna. Just wondering if anyone has tried this antenna, how it measures up to the elements. Or make my own.

Five insulators, one stick of 1" PVC pipe and some wire from the hardware store. Why can't you do that for less than $80?
- 'Doc

Disclaimer: I have not purchased the Jetstream Fan Dipole. However, there isn't anything magic about this simple antenna. The fan dipole is a good, basic multi-band dipole antenna. It's not going to do anything magical, but it does work as good as any dipole on the bands it is designed for. There is no magic in the design, so they're all going to work pretty much the same. You can either build your own or buy one that is pre-packaged like this Jetstream antenna. You could probably make your own for a little less, and you have to determine if the extra "pre-packaged" cost is worth it to you. If what you are looking for is an antenna like this, the Jetstream isn't any better or worse than any others.

Well if you had to buy everything new, it would be around that price. Check the price of copper wire. Plus a balun, but any who. I was wondering about Jet Stream products themselves, never seen or heard or read of anybody using this dipole kit.

Well if you had to buy everything new, it would be around that price. Check the price of copper wire. Plus a balun, but any who. I was wondering about Jet Stream products themselves, never seen or heard or read of anybody using this dipole kit.

Ugly choke cost? Time to roll it and a spacer, old 2 liter coke bottle, or some pvc pipe 4 inch. Cost of the coax.

PVC spreaders for the fan, maybe a few $ for one 10 foot stick, use the rest of what is left over for the insulators at the end of the antenna to tie the ropes to.

Price of wire? I find 100 foot extension cords at flea markets and yard sales for just a few $. That is three pieces of 100 foot stranded wire after the outside insulation is removed. Leave the individual wire insulation on each wire for weather protection.

I would say for less than $10 to $20 a 20,40,80 meter fan dipole can be built.
You also get 15 meters with the third harmonic off of the 40 meter band.

Three wires ( six if you count each side of the dipole) 4 bands, no tuner required. Does not get any better than that.

Antennas can be built better than any one purchased.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated