• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TH-D72 firmware 1.05 update

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
A new firmware has been released. Here are the updated features and fixes:

Updated items : (Version 1.04 1.05) [November 30, 2011]

Updates the following features.
1. Adds the Menu No.3Q2:[APRS]-[Auto-Reply]-[<wbr>Delay Time] as a new function.
When you receive an APRS message, operating the transceiver during the delay time will cancel sending an auto-reply message.
You can set the delay time to "0 sec", "10 sec" (default), or "30 sec". Setting to "0 sec" sends an auto-reply message without delay time the same as before updating the firmware.
2. Adds characters "AA:" which means "Auto Answer" at the beginning of auto-reply messages' text following the recommendation in the APRS SPEC Addendum 1.1.

3. Changes the name of the Menu No.3T1:[APRS]-[Sound]-[TX Beep (Beacon)] to [TX Beep], and enables the output of a beep sound when transmitting an auto-reply message as well as a beacon (position packet).
4. Adds "Edit" function in the APRS message menu. It enables editing of the destination callsign and sentences in received or sent messages and resend.
5. Due to adding the "Edit" function above, disables automatic quotation when using "Reply" function.
6. Adds the Menu No.13A:[RADIO]-[TX/RX]-[TOT](<wbr>Time-out Timer).
You can set the length of time the transceiver can continue to transmit to "0.5 min","1.0 min","1.5 min", "2.0 min", "2.5 min", "3.0 min", "3.5 min", "4.0 min", "4.5 min", "5.0 min", or "10.0 min". The default setting is "10.0 min" the same as the fixed value before updating the firmware.
This update changes the TH-D72A's Menu No.13A (WX Alert) and 13B (Auto WX Scan) to Menu No.13B (WX Alert) and 13C (Auto WX Scan).

* Due to the updates above, the Memory Control Program MCP-4A also has been updated to Ver.1.03.

Revises the following symptoms.
1. Voice Alert function might not work correctly after pressing [TNC].

Still they haven't fixed bugs:
- When typing text, sometimes, the cursor for input laggs behind and we push last character. Like it would go left by one space and then insert text there.
- In MR mode, sometimes, when switching between channel name and frequency, A or B gets stucked on frequency display and other one switches as normal.

Anybody with this issues, mine is E version?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated