1. Marconi is the winner of the December WDX CB Club DX Contest! Please Congratulate him here!

Kenwood TH-F6A programming software confirmation

Discussion in 'Ham Equipment' started by Need2Know, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Need2Know

Need2Know KK4GMU - The Villages, FL

I'm learning the TH-F6a HT programming software for which there is not a lot of instruction.

Can you confirm if I've entered the following data into the window, below, correctly before I enter a dozen more incorrectly:

Station name: K4VRC
    RX: 443.225
    TX: 448.225
    PL: 103.5

[​IMG]
    Repeater

I've separated groups of stations into three memory groups:

Local area nets is in Group 1 (Channels 1 through 49)
    Nearby repeaters in Group 2 (Channels 50 through 99; I need to move this first "repeater" entry to Channel 50)
    Public Safety channels in Group 3 (Channel 100 trhough 149)

Any more programming "words of wisdom?"

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012

2. K5WRN

K5WRN Member

I just picked up this radio today. I haven't had the opportunity yet to research the programming software. Does anyone know if there is a Linux compatible version, or if the Windows version will run with Wine?

Sent from a mobile device via Tapatalk

3. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator Staff Member

Looks good to me (y)

4. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator Staff Member

I don't use Linux much, hardly ever. However, I would think the Windows version would work with wine?

5. JVT

JVT Member

programming

I dont see a + or - on your offset but it looks correct. I wouldn't worry much It is easy to correct if you don't make the repeater.

6. Need2Know

Well, it looks like I'm making a shift to the RT Systems USB cable and programming software. I guess I'm rather fickle when it comes to technology I'm not comfortable with. The serial/USB converter I ordered would probably be touch and go - it might work - it might not - so I am told. So I'm returning $100 worth of Kenwood serial programming cables back to GigiParts and getting $99 worth of RT Systems USB cables and programming software for my 2 Kenwood radios.

The hour's worth of data entry into the 6A programming software won't go to waste. It was a good learning experience. I doubt that I will be able to simply copy and paste the Kenwood channel data into the RT Systems' spreadsheet format. But at least I know that when one radio's programming is complete, I can just port it over to the other radio via the RT System software. Not sure it is that simple using the Kenwood software for 2 different models of radios designed 10 years apart.

7. Need2Know

The offset is 5.00 MHz and the "Plus Shift" circle is highlighted. I guess that's the way it works.:unsure:

8. ka4kam

ka4kam Member

I like the RT software I got it for my icom 92ad and it was pretty simple to use I got it for my kenwood th72ad it was cool just downloaded it from their website and used the USB cable supplied by kenwood. no need for extra cables to buy.

9. Need2Know

Yeah, I like the 72 - it's one of the few HTs that has a USB jack on it. Saves A LOT of hassle.