1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

KENWOOD TM-241 A

Discussion in 'Ham Equipment' started by elmanoduarte, Apr 20, 2009.

1. elmanoduarte

elmanoduarte Member

Hi :tongue:
    I ´m tryng to open RX and TX in my KENWOOD TM-241 A, alredy got it for RX, by cuting the GREEN wire in the Control Painel and RESET CPU, now for TX not geting there !! :headbang
    Can anyone help me ???

Thanks

73´ :unsure:
  2. Slim

Slim Active Member

Are you "positive" the correct wire was snipped? Only reason I ask,is I did
    my 261A and it didn't work. I then went back for some more homework and
    discovered the website I got my info from was incorrect! So,I tried the "new" info and I had success. I don't recall the (correct) website now as that has been several years ago.
    Good Luck.Slim.
  3. elmanoduarte

elmanoduarte Member

yes

Thanks for answer.

Well i think it was the corect wire,,the green one!..because i did the same in a TM-241 E and it work fine, but the 241 A its diferent bout frequencies, got 118mhz and the E version (europ) don´t. Soo i cuted the same wire i saw in the other. And it open full RX, but TX just at 152mhz!,,about Install an MA141A chip diode in D209 on the Control Board, it´s alredy there from original! that put me confuse. Have any idea ???
    ..but do you remember what you did in your model ?,,mabe it will be the same!!
  4. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur Staff Member

This is from ArtSci edition #8A:

For simple MARS mod giving 142-151 MHz simply cut the green wire.

For expanded coverage typically from 138-165 MHz you need to leave D209 installed and REMOVE D206, D207, and D208. reset CPU by holding [MR] and turning power ON. No mention of cutting the green wire for this mod.
  5. elmanoduarte

elmanoduarte Member

i´ll try

ok thanks, i´ll try that, hope it work, or good bye 241 :|
  6. elmanoduarte

elmanoduarte Member

DON`t WORK

Guys,,,that doesn´t work at all!!!,,it was a luck, to put everyhting like it was!,,after taking out D206 D207 and D208 YES it start doing full TX 136 to 174,,but its the end of RX ! no RX at all ! puting everything like it was,, back to normal,,and no full TX. Soo i still in the 1st step ! how can we do it ? :headbang
  7. Chong

Chong Active Member

i had this same radio and tryed several different things to modify it none of which worked. let me know if you find the mod.