• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

KENWOOD TM-241 A

elmanoduarte

Apr 20, 2009
Hi :tongue:
I ´m tryng to open RX and TX in my KENWOOD TM-241 A, alredy got it for RX, by cuting the GREEN wire in the Control Painel and RESET CPU, now for TX not geting there !! :headbang
Can anyone help me ???

Thanks

73´ :unsure:

Are you "positive" the correct wire was snipped? Only reason I ask,is I did
my 261A and it didn't work. I then went back for some more homework and
discovered the website I got my info from was incorrect! So,I tried the "new" info and I had success. I don't recall the (correct) website now as that has been several years ago.
Good Luck.Slim.

yes

Thanks for answer.

Well i think it was the corect wire,,the green one!..because i did the same in a TM-241 E and it work fine, but the 241 A its diferent bout frequencies, got 118mhz and the E version (europ) don´t. Soo i cuted the same wire i saw in the other. And it open full RX, but TX just at 152mhz!,,about Install an MA141A chip diode in D209 on the Control Board, it´s alredy there from original! that put me confuse. Have any idea ???
..but do you remember what you did in your model ?,,mabe it will be the same!!

This is from ArtSci edition #8A:

For simple MARS mod giving 142-151 MHz simply cut the green wire.

For expanded coverage typically from 138-165 MHz you need to leave D209 installed and REMOVE D206, D207, and D208. reset CPU by holding [MR] and turning power ON. No mention of cutting the green wire for this mod.

DON`t WORK

Guys,,,that doesn´t work at all!!!,,it was a luck, to put everyhting like it was!,,after taking out D206 D207 and D208 YES it start doing full TX 136 to 174,,but its the end of RX ! no RX at all ! puting everything like it was,, back to normal,,and no full TX. Soo i still in the 1st step ! how can we do it ? :headbang

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.