• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TS-990 - - any info?

unit248

Nov 26, 2010
Rumor has it that Kenwood will be unveiling the TS-990 this year (I'm assuming at Dayton). Has anybody heard any new info about it? I doubt I'll ever get to own one (I have too many Kenwoods already :) ), but I'm still really curious about it.

-Bill

Reactions: 1 person

I have been checking a large number of Japanese web sites for any word on this and it seem very quite. Last I heard from very good source was that it was going to be a very expensive radio and it was primary going to be a replacement for the TS-2000 i.e. "A Station in Box". I will be at Dayton as usual and perhaps we will see the unveiling.

What little I've heard implied that it would be the successor to the TS-950SDX. I was hoping that would mean it would be capable of the same great hifi audio. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. (The TS-950SDX was also very expensive when it was new, something like $4000. And that was back in the 90s. And it was HF only.)

-Bill

I bought three

new radios this year,RCI2950dx,RCI2980wx,and a FT450d...just about got the TS590,but went with the FT450d...glad i did,great radio,and not sorry at all...would love to have one in the mbl...73 de JW

Oh! Thanks for the pointer!

Dual TFT display and dual receiver, HF+6M. Just enough information to make me want to know more. :)

But no pictures yet, damn. :(

-Bill

According to one of the largest Kenwood dealers on the west coast the radio at Dayton will be a shell radio with no working parts other than possibly display and lights. Release of the actual radio could be as late as the 1st or 2nd quarter of 2013

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated