• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

KLM KT-34A

Robalo

Aug 21, 2006
California
i need to know what kind of antenna is this ? 40m ,15m and 10m or 20m 17m and 10m it has balum 1:1 and two gamma match rod.
thank you

pict0039vp9.jpg

It is a KT-34A made by KLM. KLM is now out of business. If you need parts or upgrades for this antenna, visit...

http://www.m2inc.com/index2.html

Here is M2's version of the antenna.
http://www.m2inc.com/products/kt/kt34/kt34m2.html

By the way, Mike Stahl OWNS M2 and is the "M" in KLM. Mike designed this antenna and with KLM being out of business is now building them again, but with some upgrades.

This antenna does NOT have gamma matches and operates on 20/15/and 10.

Its worth $250.00 on the used market.

Robalo,
I never had one but have listened to quite a few. They are very nice antennas. Not exactly the simplest things in the world to put together, but certainly not impossible and well worth the trouble.
Living in a place with a lot of high winds (just N. of Texas... hot air travels upwards you know), they were sort of a 'delicate' type of antenna, lots of 'joints' and metal in the air. That 'delicate' is relative, does not mean I wouldn't love to have one! Just means that care should be taken with them (lower in high winds if you can).
- 'Doc

Ahem... if you should decide that you just don't want to mess with the thing, I just happen to know someone who wouldn't mind taking it off of your hands. He's very generous, wouldn't charge you for dispossing of it for you. Wouldn't even charge you for shipping. Might even buy a round or two...

I wonder if this antenna could be modified for 11m ? we tried today with negative results. if somebody knows the measurements can you please let me know? i would really appreciate it.

pict0001ur5.jpg

Yes, and NO. The capacitors were designed to work on three specific bands ONLY.

Get rid of the capacitors and add some aluminum, it could be converted to 11-meter, but it will take some work! Did you know this antenna has TWO driven elements? You could get it to work without having to re-space the elements, but it would be less than optimum.

If you want an 11-meter beam, buy an 11-meter beam!

Master Chief said:
Yes, and NO. The capacitors were designed to work on three specific bands ONLY.

Get rid of the capacitors and add some aluminum, it could be converted to 11-meter, but it will take some work! Did you know this antenna has TWO driven elements? You could get it to work without having to re-space the elements, but it would be less than optimum.

If you want an 11-meter beam, buy an 11-meter beam!

I agree! Don't ruin a great antenna by hacking it for 11m.Use a separate 11m antenna.

That Van Gordon "Hi-Q" balun is a HORRIBLE balun for any antenna! It certainly is not from the manufacturer.

I can't tell from the picture, but you want a 4:1 balun for this antenna!

Pescadito:
Just put the antenna for sale on "Scambay" or here in the forum swap and sell.
You will get more money for it,and then you can buy a decent Yagui-Uda 11 Mts. Antenna.

Don't think about it,Just do it!!!!!!!
Tecnicoloco
73's. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

well let see. i see so far 27.800 1.9 and i found more info.
thank you mr Master chief. I am going the right way now. 73sss
http://www.hamanuals.com/MMans/KT34XA%20FAQ's.pdf

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.