• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

KM6CCQ Introduction

KM6CCQ

Apr 24, 2016
Hey everyone not sure if this forum is still very active but I figured I'd introduce myself. I'm a new ham in Long Beach, CA and just got my tech license a few days ago. A few of my main hobbies include hiking, camping, shooting, and playing golf among other things and after listening to you guys chat on the repeater it seems like a neat place for like minds to hang out. After all my hobbies, I figured I'd get started in ham radio for fun and preparedness.

Currently, i own a Baofeng UV-82 handheld and I seem to be coming into the repeater fine (feel free to tell me my audio sucks and i'll try to get into a better position). I've been working a fair bit of the local repeaters in the socal area and I'm surprised what this little radio can do. I'm in the 2nd floor of an apartment facing most repeaters so that probably helps too.

If I sound young on the radio its probably because I am...I'm 23 and finished college with a degree in biomedical engineering. The more contacts I have on the radio the more I see that there's not a whole lot of interest in it for young folks but that doesn't really bother me. Hopefully I can introduce ham radio to some of my friends and get them interested in it as well.

73s to everyone.

Kent Mayzel
KM6CCQ

Reactions: 222DBFL

HI kent, welcome to da forum.

actually, at times it is pretty active on here, it just depends (not a "medical" pun):D

Wow, haven't been to long beach on quite a while, used to have pretty good times on "the PIKE" ,but that is all gone now
is

jim

Last edited:
HI kent, welcome to da forum.

actually, at times it is pretty active on here, it just depends (not a "medical" pun):D

Wow, haven't been to long beach on quite a while, used to have pretty good times on "the PIKE" ,but that is all gone now
is

jim
Haha nice one. :ROFLMAO:

I wish the pike still looked like that. I think the only thing that's left is the Ferris wheel. Do you hang out on the scrapper repeater or any other socal repeaters and what's your call sign? I'll have to listen for you on the air.
Thanks for the welcome.

KM6CCQ

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated