• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lafayete Telsat SSB-100 23 channel

Triple J

Apr 2, 2005
Tampa Bay
I'm not exactly sure what you need to do besides the information directly out of the owners manual for Alignment procedures. You may be able to find the correct Variable Resisters to make your adjustments with this information.

Here is the 27 MHz Transmitter Stage Adjustment.

1. Connect a RF Wattmeter (50 ohm) to the antenna connector

2. Connect the oscilloscope or RF VTVM across the antenna connector

3. Place the channel selector in 13 CH position.

4. Set the transceiver into transmit mode

5. Place the mode switch in USB position

6. Apply 2.4 KHz, 10mV audio signal to the microphone input circuit.

7. Temporarily place the RV 1, RV 2 and RV 8 in their center position

8. Adjust L2, L3, L4, L6 and L7 for maximum amplitude of scope display or maximum reading on the VTVM.

9. Rotate the channel selector and make sure that the amplitude of the scope display or the reading on the VTVM at each channel in almost the same. If an excessive difference is observed, readjust L2 and L3.

10. Next, adjust the RV 5 and L6 to obtain RF output of 11W on the wattmeter.

11. Apply two signals (500 Hz & 2.4 KHz) of 5mV to the Microphone input circuit and adjust RV1 and RV2 so that scope display as shown in fig 3B is obtained. (wave is sort of narrow with no flat-topping)

12. If the scope display shown in Fig 3C (Flat-topping) is obtained, adjust RV 8 for scope display of Fig. 3B.

13. Next, measure RF output voltage at the antenna connector with 2.4 KHz modulating signal (5mv) applied to the Mic input circuit and note the value.

14. Next, measure the output with no modulating signal applied to the MIC circuit and read the RF output voltage. This value should be lower than 40 dB from the value obtained in the sep 13. If not, adjust RV 4 and TC2.

Here is the AM Transmitter Stage Adjustment

1. Connect wattmeter (50ohm) to the antenna connector on the rear panel.

2. Also connect the oscilloscope across the antenna connector.

3. Place the channel selector in 13 CH position

4. Place the mode switch in AM position and set the transceiver into transmit mode.

5. Adjust RV 607 so that the wattmeter indicates 3.8W.

6. RF Meter Adjustment: Make sure the RF meter pointer indicate 3.8W. If not, adjust RV 401 to obtain the reading of 3.8W.

7. Next, apply 2.5 khz, 7mV audio signal to the microphone input circuit and adjust RV 7 to obtain 90% modulation.

I sure hope this helps. Mine was modded by a shop for my Dad about 26 or 27 years ago and still sounds great, I don't dare to take the cover off and mess with it.

Jim

CDX-311

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=triplej@worldwidecbradioclub>Triple J</A> at: 11/8/03 6:07 pm

I'm not exactly sure what you need to do besides the information directly out of the owners manual for Alignment procedures. You may be able to find the correct Variable Resisters to make your adjustments with this information.

Here is the 27 MHz Transmitter Stage Adjustment.

1. Connect a RF Wattmeter (50 ohm) to the antenna connector

2. Connect the oscilloscope or RF VTVM across the antenna connector

3. Place the channel selector in 13 CH position.

4. Set the transceiver into transmit mode

5. Place the mode switch in USB position

6. Apply 2.4 KHz, 10mV audio signal to the microphone input circuit.

7. Temporarily place the RV 1, RV 2 and RV 8 in their center position

8. Adjust L2, L3, L4, L6 and L7 for maximum amplitude of scope display or maximum reading on the VTVM.

9. Rotate the channel selector and make sure that the amplitude of the scope display or the reading on the VTVM at each channel in almost the same. If an excessive difference is observed, readjust L2 and L3.

10. Next, adjust the RV 5 and L6 to obtain RF output of 11W on the wattmeter.

11. Apply two signals (500 Hz & 2.4 KHz) of 5mV to the Microphone input circuit and adjust RV1 and RV2 so that scope display as shown in fig 3B is obtained. (wave is sort of narrow with no flat-topping)

12. If the scope display shown in Fig 3C (Flat-topping) is obtained, adjust RV 8 for scope display of Fig. 3B.

13. Next, measure RF output voltage at the antenna connector with 2.4 KHz modulating signal (5mv) applied to the Mic input circuit and note the value.

14. Next, measure the output with no modulating signal applied to the MIC circuit and read the RF output voltage. This value should be lower than 40 dB from the value obtained in the sep 13. If not, adjust RV 4 and TC2.

Here is the AM Transmitter Stage Adjustment

1. Connect wattmeter (50ohm) to the antenna connector on the rear panel.

2. Also connect the oscilloscope across the antenna connector.

3. Place the channel selector in 13 CH position

4. Place the mode switch in AM position and set the transceiver into transmit mode.

5. Adjust RV 607 so that the wattmeter indicates 3.8W.

6. RF Meter Adjustment: Make sure the RF meter pointer indicate 3.8W. If not, adjust RV 401 to obtain the reading of 3.8W.

7. Next, apply 2.5 khz, 7mV audio signal to the microphone input circuit and adjust RV 7 to obtain 90% modulation.

I sure hope this helps. Mine was modded by a shop for my Dad about 26 or 27 years ago and still sounds great, I don't dare to take the cover off and mess with it.

Jim

CDX-311

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=triplej@worldwidecbradioclub>Triple J</A> at: 11/8/03 6:07 pm

I have a Lafayette Telsat SSB-100 23 channel home base with a Astatic D-104 desk top power mic i want to turn up the modulation inside the radio and turn up the wattage to as much as i can with this radio if anyone cam help me please tell me the information would be very appreicated

you can e-mail me this information at theman17234@aol.com

</p>

I have a Lafayette Telsat SSB-100 23 channel home base with a Astatic D-104 desk top power mic i want to turn up the modulation inside the radio and turn up the wattage to as much as i can with this radio if anyone cam help me please tell me the information would be very appreicated

you can e-mail me this information at theman17234@aol.com

</p>

Dont expect a lot out of one of these as it falls under the old lower power rules before everything went to 40 CH.

I know this post is old. But how can i re-align the frequency. When I TX on chan 11, it comes out on chan 10.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.