• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Linear bleeds on to my external speaker.

OP - look for a loose coax terminal on the amp or radio.

I had a Connex 3300HP that would give feedback, turned out to be the antenna connector in the radio had worked loose...a quarter turn with a wrench and no more squeal.

I had band-aided the issue by running a ground from the radio chassis to the truck frame...but that was only a band-aid. A radio tech found the loose 259. You may try grounding each part of the system to troubleshoot.

well I was wrong, it does feedback even without the amp on, it is just less noticeable, it also will feedback when using the internal speaker

So here is the things I have tried:

Sheilded: speaker cable
2 ferrite beads on the + of the external speaker
tried wrapping the internal and external speaker wires several times through a ferrite core
added a .01 ceramic cap between the NEG and POS on the internal and external speakers.
tried it with the amp out of line
changed the cable between the amp and radio

nothing has helped

is there a resistor across the ground lugs of those jacks? bingo bango remove.

that was the first thing I looked for.

I looked over the seller's listing and he said it had talkback, but I know the Roadpro Titan II RSPY 485 did not come stop with talk back.

The reason I never stopped to think it was talk back is because it sounded so muffled.

that was the first thing I looked for.

I looked over the seller's listing and he said it had talkback, but I know the Roadpro Titan II RSPY 485 did not come stop with talk back.

The reason I never stopped to think it was talk back is because it sounded so muffled.

If it sounds that way without the amp you should look further into the board with a schematic and find where a component has been added, I put talk back in a dx55v galaxy and it was done on the board but do not recall where but bob85 does cuz he's smart and told me where to put it.

I put a switch in my mobile/Galaxy DX-99V to turn off the talkback. Couldn't key up the radio w/o feedback before I did that. But if I want to adjust the echo level/speed; I flip the switch and turn the mic gain low enough to adjust it. Then, i flip the switch and turn the mic gain back up and am ready to go.

But full-time talkback is only asking for feedback squeal.
Don't have much use for it - really . . .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?