• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Listening Today

BJ radionut

Supporting Member and 6m addict
May 9, 2008
35 miles East of Indianapolis
28.455 and 50.125....
Sunspot #'s are up a little 175+
A Index a little High at 14...but Gulf States TX/LU were working S. America and West Coast working S. Pacific and JA's yesterday evening on 6 Meters(y)
But NOTHING heard here in IN:angry:

All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

Worked Grenada, West Indies 212 this morning at around 6:30am.from the mobile on 38lsb. That's from my driveway around Daytona beach, fl. Nothing but static on the base, gotta check the mobile.

Good evening all,

I usually get into the shack too late to hear 10m let alone 6m...on the other hand before the band went long tonight, I was able to contact Barbados West Indies & the Czech Rep. on 20m phone using an 80m full wave loop at 20' running an IC730 @ 30w, the other night was Russia and Finland. I know DX on 20 is not uncommon but is sure is fun when I'm doing the talking. ;)

2RT307 - sorry I missed a possible contact with you on 40m tonight, got pulled away last minute...wanna try Wednesday evening 8:15pm CST? Send me a PM.

28.455 and 50.125....
Sunspot #'s are up a little 175+
A Index a little High at 14...but Gulf States TX/LU were working S. America and West Coast working S. Pacific and JA's yesterday evening on 6 Meters(y)
But NOTHING heard here in IN:angry:

All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

Doesn't that just piss you off? I check the cluster all the time and see southern states working LOTS of nice DX on 6m while I hear nothing, nodda, zip up here. We northerners come out on the short end when it comes to 6m and 2m openings.

Doesn't that just piss you off? I check the cluster all the time and see southern states working LOTS of nice DX on 6m while I hear nothing, nodda, zip up here. We northerners come out on the short end when it comes to 6m and 2m openings.

yeah that's how it is with me most of the time....

Good evening all,

I usually get into the shack too late to hear 10m let alone 6m...on the other hand before the band went long tonight, I was able to contact Barbados West Indies & the Czech Rep. on 20m phone using an 80m full wave loop at 20' running an IC730 @ 30w, the other night was Russia and Finland. I know DX on 20 is not uncommon but is sure is fun when I'm doing the talking. ;)

2RT307 - sorry I missed a possible contact with you on 40m tonight, got pulled away last minute...wanna try Wednesday evening 8:15pm CST? Send me a PM.

Awesome contacts! No can do on the sched, I'm out of town until Friday. Unless you want to use my cell phone. :tongue:

Brett

I will have to agree what others have said regarding UHF/VHF band openings. It does appear to be more of a challenge for the northern states when compared to the southern US from my experience...

2RT307 no sweat on the sched...well meet another time.

For others who have an interest and Weather permitting, I will monitor 7.250 +/- and call CQ from Iowa aprox 20:15 CST Wednesday and see if anyone is willing or able to make a QSO.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated