• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking at Base amps.

Grogan

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 1, 2011
Southern New Jersey
Was looking at base amps, Dave made X-force fat boy etc. was looking at for both SSB and AM on 10-11 2x2879's was leaning towards X-Force and saw the Nemesis series I like the looks better with the fan on the inside. same price for the old style.Is one better than the other? was also looking at the prime power series with 4 X ERF7530 it's a little less money but class AB when the other amps are class C I know people say stay away from mosfet amps. not sure what direction to go on amps.

X-Force amps can be had in class B for SSB use. Right now they have a sale on base amps as well.

If SSB is a mode you enjoy, then it is hard to beat a Texas star and a good P/S.

Switching PS have become less expensive and do not make hash noise like in the old days.

Texas star amps are biased and if not abused will give years of good service.

I had a Texas Star DX-350 HDV wish I never sold it. But want something with a built in power supply and a fan. Hit the switch and its on...

I used to run a XF40012HD base amp here, ran it a few years with a couple different combinations and it did a good job, on AM as well as SSB....

Also ran a few XF mobile amps on a power supply all did a good job..

Both the Joemades and Fatboys can be class B if requested. Joe makes a good amp.
Stickman also makes a great class B box.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.