• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Love's Travel Stops Fined $25,000!

CW you must really live in a fantasy world,for there is very few that are in the FCC that give a rats hind end about CB, Ham or any of the other Civilian radio services.They are only interested in big money, the kind they get when they can sell spectrum to big business interests. Sure there are a few bust but there have always been its not the big deal you try to make it. But it is like I have told you before and you refuse to listen, be careful what you wish for, for it most likely will come back and bite you in the butt. What are you going do when Barney Fife, super cop rips that big High dollar Icom out of you truck?

He most likely will tell you that won't happen because he is licensed by the FCC and he earned the privleage to talk.
Clearly he dislikes as he calles them interloapers into his bands.
But are all the interloapers TRUCKERS hardly so why the crusade?
And if the FCC requires all cb radios to be type accepted what about all the hams with the ICOM'S,KENWOODS YAESU'S that slide on up to CB land to talk are they not illegal by statute?
He never talks about that aspect of the so called problem.
And now Ray or CW here wants to SUNSET cb good luck.
Keep dreaming.

We both will be buried and our grandchildren will be communicating in ways we can't even imagine b-4 DOT enforces a "Super Radio" reg... ;) :roll: :roll: ....Sorry.

And I know what make your Ford is,you have spoken highly of it....thats why I changed the letter.......We have to much fun "Discussing" issues for a "Real Threat" to discourage great conversation.....Right??

Yes we all would like the "trouble " to be removed from the airwaves..this started with one such person from my "neck of the woods"...just locking up "Air"......but finger pointing usually only leads to sore knuckles and arthritis.. :D :LOL: :LOL: ..

Snoope back quiet

Why the trucker bashing? Just a question.
I am a trucker. Why bash me and others in my chosen profession? Others on this board are also truckers why insult them what did they do wrong to have to put up with the insults you hurl at us?
what makes you think ( if you do think) that all truckers are not so bright? We come from many different backgrounds.
So you don't think running your own company takes a very bright person?
I could go on but to what end?

todt061458 said:
Why the trucker bashing? Just a question.
I am a trucker. Why bash me and others in my chosen profession? Others on this board are also truckers why insult them what did they do wrong to have to put up with the insults you hurl at us?
what makes you think ( if you do think) that all truckers are not so bright? We come from many different backgrounds.
So you don't think running your own company takes a very bright person?
I could go on but to what end?

Now see there! I TOLD you *I* wasn't the one doing the trucker bashing! :p The people I am P. O 'ed at are the ones that I hear on 10 Meters. Unfortunately, it IS the group that first caused the 10 meter thing to be an issue. It is just a fact that truckers were the ones that got heard first and the loudest. That old saying, "the squeaky" wheel gets greased first". It really isn't ABOUT truckers in general and the majority of drivers are running a plain old 40 channel Cobra, etc. Like any group, there are always some renegades in the crowd, and
a *few* will do something that brings unwanted attention to the the whole group. Then it "seems' like everybody is "guilty" or gets the whole blame. But, no, it isn't truckers as a whole. It is a small group of the 'loud 'n proud' crowd that feels they must be bigger, badder, more....well, something........that brings down the ceiling.

Yama, consider this. About 5 years ago, there was almost NO enforcement of radio rules, CB or Amateur. You could turn on your ham rig and hear some of the AWFULLEST, foulest talk you ever heard. No gutter snipe could out-cuss some of the people I heard back around '98-'99. I heard things that made my ears burn and I am no prude. Along came W. Riley Hollingsworth as Special Counsel for Amateur Enforcement. Like the CBers, the outlaw ham crowd guffawed and mocked, "Riley WHO...................?" They made 14.313 their home and sang the "Pork Butt Song" that infantile lowlives could relate to while they made bodily noises and discussed human anatomy in the most base terms. Mr H. waded into the pool and began to jerk some licenses, figuratively kicking some a** and taking some names. Levied a few fines for malicious interference and, gradually, 14 MHZ got quiet. Riley would show up on a frequency and scold the offendees by name. He had the authority and the backing. He also promised to defend the 10 meter band from encroachment. He then went "upstairs" and got the Dallas Field Office involved in going after the bandits AND the dealers. Like the hams before, the CB types spewed the same old stuff; namely, FCC ain't got the money, they wouldn't dare mess with them good old CBers. we 'uns have got them 'rights' to talk on them channels, they will NEVER send letters out about operating on the 10 meter band. HEE HEE! HAW HAW! They ain't worried about me and my 'extra' channels. Uh, whazzat? A letter? letter, what letter! :D WHY, they cain't m'ek me stop selling them export radios, I got a right to sell 'em. "You are requested to call me to discuss this matter".

"In light of the fact that you have ignored previous warnings, based on the evidence before us, we find that --------- is apparently liable for a forfeiture of $125,000!" :D

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??????? THEY CAIN'T DO THAT!!! THEM SLICK LAWYERS SAID THEY COULDN'T MAKE THAT LAW STICK!!!!!!!!!!! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! (SNIFFLE, SNORT) BOO HOO HOO!!

They DID it!! In spite of all the " they ain't got time" and "it's only about the money", and "they ain't gonna mess wid us CBers", there have been quite a few CBers "messed with" since '99.

So I beg to differ with you, Yama; they WILL come to a solution for several reasons as opposed to the past.

1. Huge complaints from the legal radio community.

3. complaints from consumers (who are not radio ops).

3. Because the theft of frequencies has grown to the point that
foreign entities have begun to complain about the US CB
problem.

4. Because there are treaties that the US signed and they
MUST honor them.

5. Because they realize that if it is not stopped, the outlaws
will filch more and more frequencies and encroach more and
more making it more difficult to knock it down.

6. Because it is the right thing to do. :D

CWM

CW I'm not saying that there are not problems, just that there are better ways of handling them other than to threaten people. When you come in someone else's house and start telling them the man is going to take you to jail, I know so cause so and so told me blah blah blah , don't you think they are going to go on the defense. By the way have you listened to 40 meters lately? Riley still has a lot of work to do, just few days ago I tuned across a bunch that were discussing DOLLY'S anatomy in a rather vulgar way,I guess, if like you I had jumped in the middle of the QSO and started to threaten them that Riley was going get them, what would have happened? I would have got cussed out, made a lot of enemies, and solved nothing. My radios have knobs on the front of them that move and if I hear something I don't care for I just simply move somewhere else, if I can't find anything I want to listen to I just simply turn it off and go do something else. Riley himself has been quoted, that enforcement is not the best way of fixing things, we lead by example not by threats

Rocky, I don't know about any of the other truckers on this board, but I have about a 145 IQ and am currently carrying a 3.9 grade point average in college (finally had the money and resources to go back). Please refrain from stereotyping. Thank you.

Rocky Dennis said:
Truckers just don't know any better when it comes to export radio's. They figure because they bought it from a truck stop it's all legal and besides, we're not talking about very bright people anyway.

Maybe in your area. In my area, on Ch.19, I've heard truckers debating politics, swapping information about the price of hay (for their cattle), talking about their DSL or Road Runner connections, or where the best wi-fi connections on the road can be found. No, I'm not a trucker, but I enjoy many intelligent conversations with them....Saying that "Truckers" aren't very bright (IMHO) isn't a very bright statement.

-TSG

snoope said:
We both will be buried and our grandchildren will be communicating in ways we can't even imagine b-4 DOT enforces a "Super Radio" reg... ;) :roll: :roll: ....Sorry

Snoope back quiet

I seem to recall people saying the same thing when PL-106-521 was passed (Local Enforcement Law). :D :D

CWM

Well I guess the government needs to hire an armed gaurd for everyone`s house and to make sure everyone follows every law including the people on this forum that never break a law and want to police the world.He who is without sin cast the first stone.

Lets get real,everyone breaks the rules somewhere sometime.

so why worry so about others?

airplane1 said:
Well I guess the government needs to hire an armed gaurd for everyone`s house and to make sure everyone follows every law including the people on this forum that never break a law and want to police the world.He who is without sin cast the first stone.

Lets get real,everyone breaks the rules somewhere sometime.

so why worry so about others?

So does that mean I can walk right into your house, brush past you to the refrigerator and chomp down on a rib eye you were planning to have for supper? :D So how is that different that
taking steps to prevent interlopers for filching frequencies from the rightful users? I KNOW what people would do if such were to happen. "Hello, 911? There's a bandit in my house stealing my groceries". You are telling the law to DO something about the theft of food, the hams are telling the authorities that people are stealing from them, too! :?

And, BTW, that scripture ALSO says, "Render unto Ceasar that which is Ceasar's and unto God that which is God's". So if the government has passed laws to protect the rights and privileges of all, then they are to be followed IF you are going to use Scripture to justify, "filching them extree channels", right? :D It is why sometimes people GET stoned (punished) by government for violating others' property, privileges, etc. :shock: Kinda depends on whose ox is being gored, eh? :)

CWM

CW Morse, you are the biggest hypocrite (sp?) around.

You bash CB shops for selling export radios, yet you post on forums run by some of the biggest shops in the nation. Ehh, Rover?

You advertise your Cyclone antennas to make a buck, on a forum that promotes and encourages export radio use. Yet you denounce the use and sale of export radios.

When I was a moderator/tech at Copper you sent me an E-Mail (back in '01) saying how terrible it was that we were selling 10-12 meter radios, and how you were gonna turn Copper in to the FCC. Remember that one?

So which is it Jerry? Do you denounce or support the export radio business? Or is it okay as long as they let you advertise for virtually nothing to sell your wares?

I don't see a Cyclone banner ad on QRZ, your target audience...

Sure, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but brother, you got to decide which side of the fence you want to be on...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.