• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MACO 200 10 METER LINEAR

Aug 31, 2010
So, ebay yanked my listing of the MACO 200 10 METER LINEAR amp. Basically saying this item can't be sold on eBay. I've seen others sell, so I'm not sure why this one was flagged. Anyhow, I attached some info the FCC gave me. Does anyone know why they would have yanked my listing? I'm not a CB/Ham radio guru, I just like to buy/sell old electronics.

I wanted to give you the opportunity to make me an offer for this amp. Historically, they have been selling between $125 and $175 plus shipping. If you are interested in making an offer, please contact me.

Details: Unit powers on but I don't have the equipment to test it. There are 4 6LB6 tubes (12 pin). 3 are GE, 1 is Realistic. Let me know if you need more info.

Attachments

• cbtable23.doc
    29 KB · Views: 26
  • GCCBltr3.doc
    24 KB · Views: 10
  • PUBNOTE10.MAS.doc
    42 KB · Views: 7

any amplifier that has more than 6db gain on 10m is illegal, if it were home made you could build one per year if you were a ham and be legal. this is why the old 60's tube amps had a blank spot on the selector so it could be enabled by the end user. even new amps are like this, anything new has 10m disabled from the factory. most are easy to convert however, like ameritrons generally have a single green wire grounding the selector that needs to be removed.

the stuff you posted is just for export radio's, not amps. like i said those have been illegal sence the 60's if they will amplifiy a 10m (or 11m signal). ebay will continue to pull it.

Just so I'm clear, this is a 10 meter amp and is illegal to run in its original state...correct?

So, can I actually sell this? Is there a legal use for this equipment?

thanks!!!!

Section
302(b) of the Act2, and Section 2.815(c) of the Commission's
Rules7 requires FCC Type Acceptance (or Certification) of
External Radio Frequency Power Amplifiers (or amplifier
kits) capable of operation on any frequency or frequencies
below 144 MHz. Furthermore, Section 2.815(b) of the
Commission's Rules prohibits External Radio Frequency Power
Amplifiers (or amplifier kits) capable of operation on any
frequency or frequencies between 24 and 35 MHz.</pre>

sure you can sell it just don't get caught by uncle charlie. you will be fine if you sell it outside of ebay, they will continue to pull it until they get pissed off enough to ban your account. selling on a private forum like this and many others is generally considered safe, to the best of my knowledge the fcc field agents have more important places to be than hunting down sites on the net. the only one i have heard of getting in trouble was qrz. they got a nasty letter from the fcc telling them to stop allowing exports and amps capable of illegal operation or they will get slapped for a 10k fine for each offense.

So, how may DB gain does this amp have?

if ya want the "legal" answer, ANY amp that exibits ANY gain between 26.0 MHZ and 28.0 MHZ is NOT legal.

that being said, (WINK, WINK, NUDGE, NUDGE) don't worry about it. :whistle:

anyone that is interested in buying it will know about it.:pop:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated