1. Marconi is the winner of the December WDX CB Club DX Contest! Please Congratulate him here!

Maco 750

Discussion in 'Amplifiers' started by donemad, Sep 12, 2011.

1. donemad

donemad Active Member

Anyone know the value of the resistor that ties to the input from the radio where the jumper goes? This one is burned. Looks like may-be someone tried to drive it.............Thanks for any help....

2. wavrider

wavrider W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  3. donemad

donemad Active Member

4. wavrider

Your welcome, The CB tricks site has a good library of amp, antenna, and radio information.

5. donemad

donemad Active Member

750 maco

Also there is a jumper that runs from pins 2 to pin 6 on the pre-driver and the other two drivers that connect to the finals, but I can,t seem to see what that is! Is it a resistor or coil? .....talking about the 47 ohm, what wattage is it? Also that resistor or coil looks like a 22ohm resistor, but what wattage? But it may be a coil, can,t tell, it is burnt to bad.........thanks for any help

6. wavrider

Schematic does not give me wattage for the resistors, 1 or 2 Watt would be a safe bet.

the 22 thing is a choke, 22 microhenry choke most likely, do you see how the 22 symbol is different than the 47 resistor symbol?

http://www.cbtricks.com/Amp/maco/maco_750b/graphics/maco_750b_redraw_sch.pdf

Link to better schematic, first one had some flaws in it.

I can not tell for sure but if it is a 22 thingy it is an choke on the pins two and 6 most likely. Maybe some other member will post who has a Maco 750, I have the baby brother the Maco 200 sitting on the shelf in the shack.

7. SmackDown

SmackDown Active Member

donemad can you take a good well lighted pic and post it ? It will help.

3's