• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

maxlog M-8800

Hey Duster, I think it is fair to say that these radios were never designed with CW in mind. At the best an add on, At the worst it plain don't work.
I think you should look elsewhere for CW.
They don't have the filtering to start with.
rgds,
Dave

tucker let me know when you get more in, i may be interested in trying one in the mobile,, if this superstar ja doesnt work out(im in over my head on this radio,lol)

looks like the next round the radio will be a little smaller like the cre8900. Still waiting on a confirmation on delivery and what they will look like. On my side the MaxLog M8800 radios are all gone and not sure when I can get more.. The supplier in Bangkok is not always in contact with me and it takes a little over 2 weeks for them to get here

These radios seem to be designed by recent aspiring engineering graduates that have never operated a radio in their lives. If they are getting input from outside sources, they are either not listening to them, do not understand what they want, or the recommendations are from idiots.

These latest export offerings are just eye candy with their pretty lights, stupid ass echo and beeps.

Just take the Optima board and place it in a decent looking and functional chassis, add CW, tones and you'll have a decent little 10, 11 and 12 meter radio.

Review has no mention of previous bugs being corrected or not. No CW key used to check for buffering. Is the TB bug present?

Getting tired of all the cornball looking/operating crud polluting the market.

Reactions: 1 person
These radios seem to be designed by recent aspiring engineering graduates that have never operated a radio in their lives. If they are getting input from outside sources, they are either not listening to them, do not understand what they want, or the recommendations are from idiots.

These latest export offerings are just eye candy with their pretty lights, stupid ass echo and beeps.

Just take the Optima board and place it in a decent looking and functional chassis, add CW, tones and you'll have a decent little 10, 11 and 12 meter radio.

Review has no mention of previous bugs being corrected or not. No CW key used to check for buffering. Is the TB bug present?

Getting tired of all the cornball looking/operating crud polluting the market.

X2

Do the 2950 the 2970 the 257 and the Optima sell that poorly?

The Optima is a decent looking radio, but the 2950 and 2970 are fugly. My beloved 2510 is a fugly radio. The capabilities are what sell them.

A remote would be nice.

A remote?

How about this. A new board. A nice looking face and display. The CRE-8900 is a nice looking radio. No chrome, no Big Betty Boob knobs. Save that production money. No echo, or beeps. Save that money too.

Use the money saved for selectable filters, or even DSP.

There is a market for a performer with out all the bling. Lots of serious SSB operators out there.

I get that there is also a market for the bling. But for those of us that rarely use AM, the last radio that was released for us is the Optima and it has no CW.

Well,is there anything on the market that is a close approximation? I got my 959 for flash and chrome with the big meter but I like my 8900 for it's function ability. A joystick type of remote with LCD screen that you could sit in your lap/where ever. The radio would stay perched out of harm's way. Sort of like a nav on a car. Menu driven. Bling is extra.

I'm with ya Lil Yeasua, sitting in front of me is a yaseu 101ex for winter time heat and it does hear well, a Ranger 158 EDX and an Optima, I think I have all bases covered.

anyone know what the jumpers are for on the board,, there are 3 different sets of jumpers near the back of the radio on the bottom side of the board, 2 sets of them are just open pins and the one set of jumpers has a jumper connector on it that can be moved

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.