• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

meanwell power supply maybe fixed??

KD2GOE

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 30, 2013
Buffalo
well working on this POS power supply and trying to figure out how to stop all the hash it was giving out..
looking over the board and seeing some missing caps I am guessing to cut the cost? so I decided to take apart an old computer PSU for parts. looking over the filtering on it to see how I can improve this thing. this may not work for every one but what the hell

1 & 2 are part of the AC input filtering the caps where missing..
3 is just a cap on the Fan that was missing too, But i just put one in there for the hell of it..

this cap was missing to, I don't know what it's for but it helped some..

added a 2nF cap here it is to ground and negative this cap helped the most I think.. but it is odd because there is a cap down the line that is doing the same thing but I think it was around 1pf so I am guessing it needed to be higher.
the brown circles are the reverse side of caps 1 & 2

so in the end it is giving me a lot cleaner power through my radio side band is clean and so is AM with no more waves of static... :w00t:i hope this can help some one out there..

part number ont he PSU is "meanwell nes-350-15" I think the -12 is the same just lower voltage

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?