• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

messenger amp question

chris.s

Dec 4, 2005
Hello to all on the forum,I was asked a question that I dont have an answer for,can the driver be bypassed in a m4v 1 driving 8 If so how is it done and what advantage would be gained by doing it,I'm not an amp expert and I told him I would post his question on the forum.

thanks for any info given 73.

Chris.s

M4V

Dont hack a good M4V. get a low drive radio. Why do you want to bypass the driver? I love messenger amps.Scott. P.S. If you have A nice messenger AB class amp PM me if you want to sell it. M350 or biger.Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello to all on the forum,I was asked a question that I dont have an answer for,can the driver be bypassed in a m4v 1 driving 8 If so how is it done and what advantage would be gained by doing it,I'm not an amp expert and I told him I would post his question on the forum.

thanks for any info given 73.

Chris.s

There is no advantage to doing that to a fine amplifier. All it would do is say let you run a 50 watt Stryker into the amp. By having a built in driver it is a low drive amp, remove the driver stage and it can take a greater peak input and a little more carrier. I would keep it as is.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated