• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Meter LED on a dimmer

jetman

Feb 6, 2013
Cobra 29 ltd side mic needs a dim able led. Seems like I've seen it done before. Anyone know how? As of know, the led is soldered in where the original lamp was. Led works but can't dim. Buddy says it's too bright and would like it to dim with dim switch like the channel does.

Check the voltages on the dimmer switch in dim/high with your multimeter. Then you will need to find the resistor for the led in the higher voltage mode of the switch by using this calculator:

LED calculator for single LEDs

Your white led should have a forward voltage of 3.3v and use 20mA current; all you have to do is read the voltage from the hot lead on the dim/high switch and plug that value into the calculator along with the forward voltage and mA value. Once you find out what value of resistor you need by using the calculator, just solder/shrink wrap it in series with either lead of the led.

That should do it; that's all there is to it.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated