• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MFJ duplexer How to

dxing440

Apr 10, 2011
Ive got a cobra 29 lx and a rci 2950 and only 1 antron. The 29 is for 11M and 2950 is 10M. Is a duplexer what i need to operate both radios on 1 antenna?
And, does the (Radio) im not using, need to be OFF? Or does it matter?

Yes...

and Yes...only need one radio t a time on anyways..and no need for spatter over un used radio by leaving it on and thus also causing feedback likely

I have never seen nor heard of a duplexer for 10 and 11m. The bands are too close for a duplexer to filter and split the two bands. A GOOD switch with high isolation is what is needed and yes, turn the unused radio off.

Reactions: 1 person
Jessejamesdallis returned my signature but it was broken so I had it sent out for repairs.

Alex,...... can I buy a vowel? I'll buy an "A"

Jessejamesdallis returned my signature but it was broken so I had it sent out for repairs.

Alex,...... can I buy a vowel? I'll buy an "A"

:unsure: All I can say is (1)- It was in the wee hours of the morning on the night shift, (2)- I was at work at the time, and (3)- using a phone online to edit text is not a good idea considering the first two excuses. :blink: Now what does that have to do with duplexers? :whistle:Notice how I changed the subject to divert attention to my glaring error. Thanks for being subtle about it. :laugh:

Reactions: 1 person
No you don't use a duplexer for 10 and 11 meters. I think MFJ makes a switch similar to an antenna switch that lets you switch between several different radios and antennas or just one antenna. This is what you need.

Thx for the replies, I did get an mfj 2pos antenna switch at the birminghamfest this past week end, and it works great. THX AGAIN

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.