• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MFJ License plate antenna bracket

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
This MFJ license plate antenna mount looks like it could be a pretty good idea, depending on what type of vehicle you have. It doesn't come with any actual stud or the gumdrop stud pictured. I wish I had thought of it...

MFJ-2820.jpg

This MFJ license plate antenna mount looks like it could be a pretty good idea, depending on what type of vehicle you have. It doesn't come with any actual stud or the gumdrop stud pictured. I wish I had thought of it...

MFJ-2820.jpg

Even cber's have limits mole, this is in the geeksters range.

I've seen one. I seriously doubt if something larger than a 2 meter antenna, or a small whip would last very long on one. I can see where one might come in handy for a few people, but I'm afraid I won't be one of them.
- 'Doc

I have to agree with Mack on the Geekster factor, besides most vehicles these days would have nothing you could securely bolt that too, unless you have a Jeep CJ or Wrangler. My license plates screw into vinyl.....

The other thing that would concern me is injury liability, the way that thing sticks out, and at the level it sticks out, I'd be concerned with someone banging their leg or knee on that plate, and calling a lawyer before seeking medical attention......:blink:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?