• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mic question

Those are not all built the same on the inside.

If the mike element is a carbon type, you'll have to modify the radio. A carbon mike requires a source of DC current feeding down the audio wire of the mike cord. A capacitor separates the audio from the DC inside the radio, to feed into the mike amplifier.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
First is this What you are talking about? "image below" We used to put these on the old Johnson Messenger Black face's and old courier tube base units back in the day because allot. Here is some of the info should help. But should work fine on most radios just no sure about the gain or the quality of the elements but they could be replaced if faulty. They have 600 ohm dynamic elements. Just remember if you want the speaker to work you will most likely be wiring a jumper to the speaker jack just follow the schems it should work.

I forgot to add that the number you gave was for the connector I assume that

H-250 HANDSET.JPG H-250 HANDSET-2.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: tecnicoloco

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.