• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mirage 2950

Mar 2, 2006
I have a Mirage 2950 which I’ve been using for a while now as a mobile. For those of you not familiar with this radio think RCI 2950. The radio has worked very well for me up until a few days ago. I noticed when I turned the radio on I couldn’t hardly hear any thing (not even static) which is very odd around here. I tried calling out a few times to see if I could get a response without any luck. I had to make a quick stop at the store and when I came back out a friend was calling for me wanting to know why I hadn’t answered his “call”. I told him I had not heard any one. To make a long story short I’ve noticed if I change the Ch. my SWRs are going through the roof (and my receive goes out the window), and the only way to reset them is to turn the radio off wait a few and turn it back on, when I turn it back on the radio works just fine (transmit and receive). Anybody have any ideas what might be going on. I’m getting ready to put my Galaxy 99 back in to see if the same thing starts to happen to it.

Thanks ahead of time for your responses,
Texas Grizzly Bear

I had the old 2950 and the rx went out because the ext speaker jack was shorted. Also I had alot of display problems. I replaced the internal battery and still no luck. I took it to a friend and he said go somewhere like walmart and buy the battery. I did that and it worked like a charm. The internal battery I bought at the local cb shop had been sitting forever apparently and was a piece of crap.

Check the 1/8 inch ext speaker jack
Replace the internal battery making sure you buy a good one

Thanks HH for your post but I don't think it has anything to do with the speaker but I'll take a look at it you never know. I think it has more to do with the circuit board it’s self since I noticed it only seem to start "acting up" when the daily temp goes up.

My radio doesn’t have a battery either Butcher318; I think the big base radios Galaxy and RCI put out had the batteries. You know the RCI 2995, RCI 2980, and the Galaxy Saturn.

Guess it’s time to take my radio in and have it looked at. Just wondered if any of you guys may have had any similar problems and knew what I might want to get my Tech to look for or where to start.

Thanks again,
Texas Grizzly Bear

Please take your covers off and look behind the frequency display

The battery is just under the black piezo-buzzer. The buzzer is stuck to it with double-sided tape...simply peel the buzzer off and there is the 3v coin-battery.

These radios also have problems with the CPU units. That processor has problems weird things can happen due to the fact that its the brain of that radio hopefully with any luck its not In lookinf for one now for a mirage 2950EX that I have the radio has worked flawlessly since 1997 until this CPU problem. Good luck and Im sure you will figure it out.....Tony

I think the Mirage 2950 EX version was updated and did not have the battery behind the display so his might have the battery. The only other problem I had was a cold solder joint from time to time.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated