• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mods for 32XLR

Okay, I have a 32XLR in my mobile. It's really clean (like new almost).

I know I could get a 29 and stick it in there and and do lots of loud talking, but I'd like to do some with my 32XLR. AND it has the uPD858 PLL in it so I can do easy channel mods on it.

I have found the channel mods for it, and the standard tune up mods, but I need to get more swing out of it. I am only getting about 2 swinging 8 out of it which is okay, but it doesn't drive my driver hard enough. I need it to key 1 and swing 20.

I've seen changing a cap in a 29ltd makes good swing, is there a possibility I can do something like that to my 32XLR without having to send it off to some shop to figure out where to put the cap?

Any suggestions?

</p>

Are you SURE the 32 XLR has the NEC uPD858?. ALL the ones I've seen have the toshiba TC5080.

Check again.

Fuzz

_____

Buttfuzz in the Mobile</p>

Reactions: NZ8N
I have the information you may be loking for. If you give me your email adress I can scan what I have for you.

Later.

ford074

kc0mfz

clublincoln.gif

</p>

fuzz, please help i broke out my old EARLY 32XLR it is the 23 channel one. barely used it but throwing it in a truck. :) My dad bought 2 and the rep told him how to make it 40 channel by bridging something I believe, worked On the one CB but I never did anything to this one. TIME TO WAKE THE SLEEPING COBRA.

I CAN CUT CD11 AND CD 12 but how do I trim the L3 and L5. Can I do it using the meter on the front?
Well if anyone can tell me how to do this please. and where can I get detailed instructions on these. thanks
kfibob@aol.com

fuzz, please help i broke out my old EARLY 32XLR it is the 23 channel one. barely used it but throwing it in a truck. :) My dad bought 2 and the rep told him how to make it 40 channel by bridging something I believe, worked On the one CB but I never did anything to this one. TIME TO WAKE THE SLEEPING COBRA.

I CAN CUT CD11 AND CD 12 but how do I trim the L3 and L5. Can I do it using the meter on the front?
Well if anyone can tell me how to do this please. and where can I get detailed instructions on these. thanks
kfibob@aol.com

Just bridge the 2 lines as show in the pic :laugh:

Attachments

• 32XLR40-ch-fix.jpg
    32XLR40-ch-fix.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 72
I have a 132 23 CH and i can add extras simply by adding a crystal. LOL these old 23 CH rigs are sooooo easy to modify!!!:D

Bridging those pins changes the binary code the channel selector feeds into the PLL chip. Each channel has a unique binary code, and the mod shown above moves the coverage up by 32 channels IIRC.

You'll need a frequency counter to find out what those channels are, and write up a chart showing what the selector shows for each new frequency.

Don't think you'll find that chart posted on the web.

Reactions: NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated