1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

Mods for 32XLR

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by 443, Jan 1, 1970.

1. 443

443 Guest

Okay, I have a 32XLR in my mobile. It's really clean (like new almost).

I know I could get a 29 and stick it in there and and do lots of loud talking, but I'd like to do some with my 32XLR. AND it has the uPD858 PLL in it so I can do easy channel mods on it.

I have found the channel mods for it, and the standard tune up mods, but I need to get more swing out of it. I am only getting about 2 swinging 8 out of it which is okay, but it doesn't drive my driver hard enough. I need it to key 1 and swing 20.

I've seen changing a cap in a 29ltd makes good swing, is there a possibility I can do something like that to my 32XLR without having to send it off to some shop to figure out where to put the cap?

Any suggestions?

</p>

2. ButtFuzz

ButtFuzz Guest

Are you SURE the 32 XLR has the NEC uPD858?. ALL the ones I've seen have the toshiba TC5080.

Check again.

Fuzz

_____

Buttfuzz in the Mobile</p>

3. ford074

ford074 Member

I have the information you may be loking for. If you give me your email adress I can scan what I have for you.

Later.

ford074

kc0mfz

[​IMG]

</p>

4. kfibob

kfibob Member

fuzz, please help i broke out my old EARLY 32XLR it is the 23 channel one. barely used it but throwing it in a truck. :) My dad bought 2 and the rep told him how to make it 40 channel by bridging something I believe, worked On the one CB but I never did anything to this one. TIME TO WAKE THE SLEEPING COBRA.

I CAN CUT CD11 AND CD 12 but how do I trim the L3 and L5. Can I do it using the meter on the front?
    Well if anyone can tell me how to do this please. and where can I get detailed instructions on these. thanks
    kfibob@aol.com

5. tecnicoloco

tecnicoloco Active Member

Just bridge the 2 lines as show in the pic :laugh:

Attached Files:

6. Zman

Zman K9FON

I have a 132 23 CH and i can add extras simply by adding a crystal. LOL these old 23 CH rigs are sooooo easy to modify!!!:D