1. Marconi is the winner of the December WDX CB Club DX Contest! Please Congratulate him here!

Mods for 32XLR

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by 443, Jan 1, 1970.

1. 443

443 Guest

Okay, I have a 32XLR in my mobile. It's really clean (like new almost).

I know I could get a 29 and stick it in there and and do lots of loud talking, but I'd like to do some with my 32XLR. AND it has the uPD858 PLL in it so I can do easy channel mods on it.

I have found the channel mods for it, and the standard tune up mods, but I need to get more swing out of it. I am only getting about 2 swinging 8 out of it which is okay, but it doesn't drive my driver hard enough. I need it to key 1 and swing 20.

I've seen changing a cap in a 29ltd makes good swing, is there a possibility I can do something like that to my 32XLR without having to send it off to some shop to figure out where to put the cap?

Any suggestions?

</p>

2. ButtFuzz

ButtFuzz Guest

Are you SURE the 32 XLR has the NEC uPD858?. ALL the ones I've seen have the toshiba TC5080.

Check again.

Fuzz

_____

Buttfuzz in the Mobile</p>

3. ford074

ford074 Member

I have the information you may be loking for. If you give me your email adress I can scan what I have for you.

Later.

ford074

kc0mfz

[​IMG]

</p>

4. kfibob

kfibob Member

fuzz, please help i broke out my old EARLY 32XLR it is the 23 channel one. barely used it but throwing it in a truck. :) My dad bought 2 and the rep told him how to make it 40 channel by bridging something I believe, worked On the one CB but I never did anything to this one. TIME TO WAKE THE SLEEPING COBRA.

I CAN CUT CD11 AND CD 12 but how do I trim the L3 and L5. Can I do it using the meter on the front?
    Well if anyone can tell me how to do this please. and where can I get detailed instructions on these. thanks
    kfibob@aol.com

5. tecnicoloco

tecnicoloco Active Member

Just bridge the 2 lines as show in the pic :laugh:

Attached Files:

6. Zman

Zman K9FON

I have a 132 23 CH and i can add extras simply by adding a crystal. LOL these old 23 CH rigs are sooooo easy to modify!!!:D