• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mods for a Uniden PC68 ELITE

i did the IRF520 MOSFET mods, and the swing mod to mine and got about 35-40 watts PEP.
thats on my cheap meter though.
this same meter shows my 148gtl doing 22-25 watts PEP, which is what it should be doing, so its not that generous.

good luck,
loosecannon

it'a A mosfet freak'in world ! 1969s have taken a back seat to these little babies ! Hell !! now you can buy bunches of new stock out of the radio 1969s , there being changed to mosfets left and right ! ;)

my 68elite (bought new about a year ago, now sold) sound freakin' great!
i used an m6B mic with it, and loved it.
LC

bigred222 said:
yeah but do they sound really good at all that extra power switchkit???

Of course they do. ;) any radio can sound like shit if it isn't tuned correctly. As you have read over the months , even Galaxy is pretty much going to mosfets in there radios as the norm. IM personally just glad (for now) that I can use power to take care of my needs , still doesn't mean I couldn't push that same power with a Mosfet fed radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.