• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Motorola CB Radios

bigal46563

Jul 1, 2010
I do not know why, But i like collecting the old Motorola CB radios. I do know when the CB was in full swing Motorola started making CB radios. But back than they could not make them as cheap as Japan could. The cost on the Motorola radios was high, But was well worth it. Not to many people would buy them because of the cost, so Motorola quit making them. I was told that back than they were made for the police to use in there cars. And if any old CB people are on hear than you would know that police cars had CB radios. Here is just a few Motorola radios i have. The Motorola base radio is a 1136 and the Motorola Mocat is a 4020. I also have the power supply that you could take your mobile out of your car and bring it into the house to use for your base station. I would also like to add that the Motorola Mocat power supply i have is brand new in the box.

Attachments

• radios 020.jpg
    radios 020.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 4
  • Motorola 4020.jpg
    Motorola 4020.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 54
  • Motorola Mocat Power Supply.jpg
    Motorola Mocat Power Supply.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 2

I used to have some Motorola CBs back in the day, though nothing as old as your's. Lots of people had them. I seem to remember them being less pricey than the Cobras, which back in the 70s were the ones everyone wanted. A lot of people had Bearcats, too, I remember.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.