• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mr Coily's Base Enforcer Antenna

Yota

Apr 23, 2005
Boston, Ma
Ok I have recieved my Enforcer Base Antenna..First off I would like to say is the Quality and Craftsmenship in making this Antenna is Awesome !! I contacted Dan, Told him I would like to Buy one, And he Then asked me Where I talk the Most ?? I told him, Also in Skip land too.. I asked why ? He told Me he was going to tune it, and place Sharpie Markers for me with a Flat Match before he even sends it !!
Ok so it arrives, 3 days after ordering it, Shipped perfect no Damages at all..Ok I dont know if you Guys have even looked on Coilys Web page to see it !! If you have not you All should. Ok after Setting it up on a 12' pole to check the Match, I had to change Nothing ! I was using a MFJ 269, It was a Perfect Match on 27.105 and My skip channel too 26.915. When I turned on the Heat " Henry 5k " I went to a 1.2 on 27.105 only Unreal.
My testing Shows This, On a Magnum S9 on my locals that are between 8 miles and a buddy 52 miles away. This is what I have..On locals that are less than 10 miles away. They see between 2-3 S units more, I see 1.5-2 S-units more on my Reciece on them. The Biggy is on my Buddy that is 52 Miles away " Mr Filthy Mcnasty " He is in Dunbarton NH. I give Filthy 1.5-2 S unit more on him I get 2 unit on recieve more. That is unreal !! Know mind you I have had other antennas too, I have a Super Scanner, Super Penetrator, Imax 2000, Antron 99, This thing Smokes them all !! This Antenna it 25 feet tall, You can go Taller if you need to there is the room.. It has 9' ground radials makeing it 18' feet across on the Ground radial..36' in Ground lenth alone !!
I have a local up here that just bought a I-10k, And he was happy with it, was a bitch to tune the Trumbone on it ! He got it close on the Match, But on the lowers 26.915, He has no ears, And on the Upper he has Ears but a bad Match 27.785, his swr is 2.5 on a Galaxy 95t. He is selling his I-10k..LOL..The Final straw that did it for him was this, After I set up The Enforcer, with just the radio and him with a 95t and he is 8 miles from me and another local that is 5-8 miles from both of us. My antenna is 60' up his is 45-50' I could talk all over his Interceptor !! All over it !!
I just wanted you all to know about my new Enforcer,And you should go read About it..I think you will really Be impressed with it as I am. The service I got from Dan was Awesome, He has even called 4-5 times making sure I was 100% happy with it !! Service second to none !! Thanks Dan !! Tell ya more later as we go....

Peace Yota

Yota said:
Ok I have recieved my Enforcer Base Antenna..First off I would like to say is the Quality and Craftsmenship in making this Antenna is Awesome !! I contacted Dan, Told him I would like to Buy one, And he Then asked me Where I talk the Most ?? I told him, Also in Skip land too.. I asked why ? He told Me he was going to tune it, and place Sharpie Markers for me with a Flat Match before he even sends it !!
Ok so it arrives, 3 days after ordering it, Shipped perfect no Damages at all..Ok I dont know if you Guys have even looked on Coilys Web page to see it !! If you have not you All should. Ok after Setting it up on a 12' pole to check the Match, I had to change Nothing ! I was using a MFJ 269, It was a Perfect Match on 27.105 and My skip channel too 26.915. When I turned on the Heat " Henry 5k " I went to a 1.2 on 27.105 only Unreal.
My testing Shows This, On a Magnum S9 on my locals that are between 8 miles and a buddy 52 miles away. This is what I have..On locals that are less than 10 miles away. They see between 2-3 S units more, I see 1.5-2 S-units more on my Reciece on them. The Biggy is on my Buddy that is 52 Miles away " Mr Filthy Mcnasty " He is in Dunbarton NH. I give Filthy 1.5-2 S unit more on him I get 2 unit on recieve more. That is unreal !! Know mind you I have had other antennas too, I have a Super Scanner, Super Penetrator, Imax 2000, Antron 99, This thing Smokes them all !! This Antenna it 25 feet tall, You can go Taller if you need to there is the room.. It has 9' ground radials makeing it 18' feet across on the Ground radial..36' in Ground lenth alone !!
I have a local up here that just bought a I-10k, And he was happy with it, was a bitch to tune the Trumbone on it ! He got it close on the Match, But on the lowers 26.915, He has no ears, And on the Upper he has Ears but a bad Match 27.785, his swr is 2.5 on a Galaxy 95t. He is selling his I-10k..LOL..The Final straw that did it for him was this, After I set up The Enforcer, with just the radio and him with a 95t and he is 8 miles from me and another local that is 5-8 miles from both of us. My antenna is 60' up his is 45-50' I could talk all over his Interceptor !! All over it !!
I just wanted you all to know about my new Enforcer,And you should go read About it..I think you will really Be impressed with it as I am. The service I got from Dan was Awesome, He has even called 4-5 times making sure I was 100% happy with it !! Service second to none !! Thanks Dan !! Tell ya more later as we go....

Peace Yota

Thanks yota!
I am here if you need anything,just a phone dial away,gota run the list is growing,and the time is ticking my sunday away...73sss..Coily :Wavey
WWW.MRCOILY.COM

Good Luck with your new antenna... I had no problems matching my I-10k
or any of the other problems your friend had.
Set up correctly they all work good.
Well, have fun with your new play-toy! LOL

Sounds like a great antenna.

Do you if you can get this antenna with shorter ground radials?

Oh yeah that might take away from its performance.

ZR2 said:
Sounds like a great antenna.

Do you if you can get this antenna with shorter ground radials?

Oh yeah that might take away from its performance.

Hi Zr2,You could shorten the radials or slide them in to 6 foot it doubles the strength of the ground planes and will not hurt performance "Much" The antenna does have to have the ground planes to work correctly and all the way out is Best.But if you were to tune it with them slid in all the way to the 6 foot per ground radial,Your perfromance will still be very good.Your swr may increase only slightly If any.....Coily

Thank you for the information.

My problem is with a 9 foot radial is that one of them would cross over the guys roof next door.

I had spectrum 1600 antenna a while back with a bunch of short radials.This antenna worked super way better than my A99 but when the winds come the antenna was history.

ZR2 said:
Thank you for the information.

My problem is with a 9 foot radial is that one of them would cross over the guys roof next door.

I had spectrum 1600 antenna a while back with a bunch of short radials.This antenna worked super way better than my A99 but when the winds come the antenna was history.

Totally understand i also have run, the what i think is a great antenna for many years spectrum 1600 and seen it bent over almost horizontal never to break, but a have seen a few break off right above the base,Mine is much stronger as far a winding goes,But you can't always win against mother nature she does wierd stuff from time to time and when she feels fit.To tell you the truth i have a crank up tower 65 feet with a 10 foot pole on top if i knew it was gona get really nasty out i would crank it down.I guess i just worry :roll: but better than climbing,I remember when i had my sigma4 up top i never to this day seen an antenna bend as far as that one would never did break but i did bend a top section of 1.25" mast over maybe thats the trick :?: put enough masting out the top to act like a shock give it a little flex...73ssssss Dan

Yota said:

Hello Yota! Just checking in see how your Doing,,73sss Super busy gota run,Have a great weekend...Dan

Peace Yota
www.mrcoily.com

no offense.....but i couldnt help but notice the cheap shot yota took @ the i-10k to promote this enforcer antenna....

its gonna take more then 1 guy saying "i keyed all over" to convince me that the enforcer is superior to the i-10k...which is yet to actually be proven...a 300$ price tag dont prove squat....per-tuned dont prove squat....some dood's meter on his cb/export radio dont prove squat...

quality of materials/consruction,durability,precise tuning,power handling,field strength,radiation pattern....

my i-10k matched up perfectly.....and i have yet to have any issues with my i-10k....it has peformed flawlessly for last 4yrs...

if your trying to compete with the i-10k you have your work cut out for you coily....

his swr is 2.5 on a Galaxy 95t.

he shouldnt check his swr with the meter in a radio....

try a reliable meter...may a bird or a coxial dynamics...

sounds like you buddy flopped on his antenna install...

yota's post is just spam!!!!wow.....

im done with my rant now....

i am sure the coily enforcer is a good antenna i like his tough dx mobile antennas too, but the guy with the 2.5:1 vswr on a i10k has either not tuned or not assembled that antenna correctly at all, we use different frequencies than you guys, i looked at jays tuning instructions and with a calculator and a bit of precision guesswork based on past antenna experience the i10k tuned as close to perfect as can be expected first time with no need for any further adjustments ( you can get a perfect match and its not difficult )

im not trying to slight the enforcer .64 in anyway.....

it just seems that these comments were made with no basis....

also i found something that seems like a marketing ploy that i found on coily's web-site.....

Tests have shown 2 Db gain!Over other fiberglass and aluminium base antennas.The test i did showed over 2 db gain @ 18 miles!beating other fiberglass and aluminum antennas on ears and output!These antennas kick DX ass!

2 db gain over what antennas???

what was the signal strength readings taken or waht was the complete process to acheive this data "2 db @ 18 miles"?again what antenna(s) is this compared to?

i havent read through your whole web-site but you'll have to come with more info that is more factual then just he say she say...

Hey DRM, Did you read this in my post..
Know mind you I have had other antennas too, I have a Super Scanner, Super Penetrator, Imax 2000, Antron 99, This thing Smokes them all !! This Antenna it 25 feet tall, You can go Taller if you need to there is the room.. It has 9' ground radials makeing it 18' feet across on the Ground radial..36' in Ground lenth alone !!

I have run a Few other Antennas, And this is far the best I have ever used. Yes I have a local here in Nashua NH, Named Reggie That has had Problems tunning his Antenna. I have not been involved in tunning it. But if you spend 300.00 on a Antenna and what to be a Mudduck, that is not my Problem. I have heard all types of wonderful things about Jays antenna I have !! I almost bought one, But wanted a Enforcer after I did my home work..I don't think I really Bashed the antenna Jays, just said I could talk all over it, and I do. Just like someone talking over a wilson with a 55, 10k, coily, davemade, ect. I really could care less what everyone thinks, This is a forum to be inform people on products good or Bad.
I just think, dont go by my words by all means, I think you should Compare and Contrast the 2. I think Dan has done a Awesome Job on the Enforcer. I think it is Awesome that your I10k works the Balls !! HooRay !! So does my Enforcer..

Peace Yota

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?