• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mr Coily's Base Enforcer Antenna

Yota said:
Hey DRM, Did you read this in my post...Know mind you I have had other antennas too, I have a Super Scanner, Super Penetrator, Imax 2000, Antron 99, This thing Smokes them all !! This Antenna it 25 feet tall, You can go Taller if you need to there is the room.. It has 9' ground radials makeing it 18' feet across on the Ground radial..36' in Ground lenth alone !!

yeah i read....you stated you "have had other antennas".... you never said you directly compared them side by side....

Yota said:
I have run a Few other Antennas, And this is far the best I have ever used. Yes I have a local here in Nashua NH, Named Reggie That has had Problems tunning his Antenna. I have not been involved in tunning it. But if you spend 300.00 on a Antenna and what to be a Mudduck, that is not my Problem.

if he had tuning issues why not contact jay???

Yota said:
I have heard all types of wonderful things about Jays antenna I have !! I almost bought one, But wanted a Enforcer after I did my home work....

could you explain what you learned or what specifics of the enforcer .64 that makes it capable of outperforming a i-10k???

Yota said:
This is a forum to be inform people on products good or Bad.

it's not good to mislead people either.....so why add info that hasn't been proven as factual information???

I feel that Yota has posted a general comparison of the antenna's he has had. If he didn't feel he needed to contact Jay, then that's his option. This is not a place to get into a word war.

DRM1983 said:
Yota said:
Hey DRM, Did you read this in my post...Know mind you I have had other antennas too, I have a Super Scanner, Super Penetrator, Imax 2000, Antron 99, This thing Smokes them all !! This Antenna it 25 feet tall, You can go Taller if you need to there is the room.. It has 9' ground radials makeing it 18' feet across on the Ground radial..36' in Ground lenth alone !!

yeah i read....you stated you "have had other antennas".... you never said you directly compared them side by side....

Yota said:
I have run a Few other Antennas, And this is far the best I have ever used. Yes I have a local here in Nashua NH, Named Reggie That has had Problems tunning his Antenna. I have not been involved in tunning it. But if you spend 300.00 on a Antenna and what to be a Mudduck, that is not my Problem.

if he had tuning issues why not contact jay???

Yota said:
I have heard all types of wonderful things about Jays antenna I have !! I almost bought one, But wanted a Enforcer after I did my home work....

could you explain what you learned or what specifics of the enforcer .64 that makes it capable of outperforming a i-10k???

Yota said:
This is a forum to be inform people on products good or Bad.

it's not good to mislead people either.....so why add info that hasn't been proven as factual information???

I DON'T MISLEAD!I leave that to the internet gangs and smear techs!
As far as my web page and my test results,everything i post is the truth! All my mobile and base tests are produced from field test @ 18 miles from my shop to my Base...Low tech yes but my wife,and my cell phones are good and tell me the exact numbers!Now after ever so many years of building and testing ,i know this is a good and better test than an actual feild meter test with a set of binoculars. as this gives me an idea of how an antenna radiate not only on flat ground but over mountians and obsticles,as i live over a mountain range from my shop.!I can tell exactly how well an antenna works by using a real over the hills dead key and audio db tests...The antennas i did the side by side test with are as follows and all on 6 foot poles..."Check this out"and some of them, i have found talking with actual 10k owners,work as well as the 1-10k antenna! So i can be fairly acurate,going off what i have been told and comparing results that the Enforcer can give Jays a run for the money.Now saying that! i do not and am not trying to make this into a flame fest with jay or some kinda contest.I have no problem with him and his antenna,as i find what he has done is a great thing.By taking a great antenna and morphing it into a greater antenna and doing very well with it and for that i Give him a big high five :Wavey

A-99 with gp kits
I-max 2000 with gp kits
Spectrum 1600
Maco v-5/8

These are the main test antennas i use!The enforcer beats thes antennas.by 1.5-2 Db @18 miles..These were all side by side tests.I just visited jays web sight and truthfully i see the same kinda of great claims also so why don't you go check that out and make as stink about it also,You know you act like i have to prove something"I don't"and that why about a month ago i stopped working and started building antenna fulltime!

Note: The I-10K has a measured field strength, that is 3 to 4 dB more field strength, than other vertical antennas with a advertised gain or 5.2 and 6.2 dBi. The I-10K consistently has a stronger Field Strength of 1 to 2 full S-Units as compared to the fiberglass type antennas.

In fact, I-10K users report 1 to 2 full S-Units stronger receive and transmit field strength signal levels compared to the non-ground plane vertical type antennas. After replacing the Sigma 4 or foreign made copies of the Sigma 4, (Serio Vector 4000, Galaxy 27, or Salute 27) Prototype I-10K uses report 2 to 3 dB stronger field strength levels, and a much quieter received noise levels. Most users report a significant reduction or elimination of interference to consumer electronics as compared to the noted antennas. But be advised, since each radio and consumer electronics installation is different, reducing interference can not be guaranteed.

Now tell me why these claims are fine but mine are not,if these are correct? an out of tune I/10-k would still outperform an perfectly tuned 5/8 wave i don't see that happening?I have read many reports on jays antenna, Stomping the crap out of antennas and also not producing better gains than a maco v-5/8 wave or Imax antenna, so you tell me why its ok for him but not for me...I have been building antennas for 10 + years i know how to build antennas, and i know how to match a HF end fed vertical.I am not and don't have to compete with jay, kale,terry,mike, joe gun,stargun, or shall i go on? we all build antennas! Thats just the way it is.If i send an antenna and it works great and somebody say so why does That person and i always get Attacked?Only if he dares post in a forum full of 10-k lovers? Go check out a few other forums,it's a big ole game to these guys.I find it Very School yard and 73sss WWW.MRCOILY.COM

I run an I-10Kand love it! The Coily enforcer looks like it
should perform good also.
Hats off to Jay and Coily for giving it there all
to produce better antennas for all of us.

I'm sure glad you live right up the street, Coily! I've heard what your mobile sounds like and was impressed, fella works in Woodburn. I don't know what radio he was using though? Clear signal! I'm thinking of a dipole stacked on 4 element beam araingment for S-9. Should be this fall. What's DR running on base antenna, He's getting clear down to MP216, but don't RX???
444 S.Valley Western Oregon 73's

first 10 base antennas out the door!

RoadWarrior said:
I run an I-10Kand love it! The Coily enforcer looks like it
should perform good also.
Hats off to Jay and Coily for giving it there all
to produce better antennas for all of us.

I am very happy :D to see them going out the door,just as fast as i can get them built, Pre-tuned,boxed ,shipped around and around you go,,,,,,Anyway just wanted to thank everybody for all your obvious support and for getting the word out there....Well have to run and get a couple more built and a bunch of mobiles as well .....Ooh Wanted to let you all know there are now some Installed Base pictures to check out of three of the first ten and working on getting some more pictures of installed units...73sss and Thanks again...Coily.com :Wavey

Yota said:
Ok I have recieved my Enforcer Base Antenna..First off I would like to say is the Quality and Craftsmenship in making this Antenna is Awesome !! I contacted Dan, Told him I would like to Buy one, And he Then asked me Where I talk the Most ?? I told him, Also in Skip land too.. I asked why ? He told Me he was going to tune it, and place Sharpie Markers for me with a Flat Match before he even sends it !!
Ok so it arrives, 3 days after ordering it, Shipped perfect no Damages at all..Ok I dont know if you Guys have even looked on Coilys Web page to see it !! If you have not you All should. Ok after Setting it up on a 12' pole to check the Match, I had to change Nothing ! I was using a MFJ 269, It was a Perfect Match on 27.105 and My skip channel too 26.915. When I turned on the Heat " Henry 5k " I went to a 1.2 on 27.105 only Unreal.
My testing Shows This, On a Magnum S9 on my locals that are between 8 miles and a buddy 52 miles away. This is what I have..On locals that are less than 10 miles away. They see between 2-3 S units more, I see 1.5-2 S-units more on my Reciece on them. The Biggy is on my Buddy that is 52 Miles away " Mr Filthy Mcnasty " He is in Dunbarton NH. I give Filthy 1.5-2 S unit more on him I get 2 unit on recieve more. That is unreal !! Know mind you I have had other antennas too, I have a Super Scanner, Super Penetrator, Imax 2000, Antron 99, This thing Smokes them all !! This Antenna it 25 feet tall, You can go Taller if you need to there is the room.. It has 9' ground radials makeing it 18' feet across on the Ground radial..36' in Ground lenth alone !!
I have a local up here that just bought a I-10k, And he was happy with it, was a bitch to tune the Trumbone on it ! He got it close on the Match, But on the lowers 26.915, He has no ears, And on the Upper he has Ears but a bad Match 27.785, his swr is 2.5 on a Galaxy 95t. He is selling his I-10k..LOL..The Final straw that did it for him was this, After I set up The Enforcer, with just the radio and him with a 95t and he is 8 miles from me and another local that is 5-8 miles from both of us. My antenna is 60' up his is 45-50' I could talk all over his Interceptor !! All over it !!
I just wanted you all to know about my new Enforcer,And you should go read About it..I think you will really Be impressed with it as I am. The service I got from Dan was Awesome, He has even called 4-5 times making sure I was 100% happy with it !! Service second to none !! Thanks Dan !! Tell ya more later as we go....

Peace Yota

Hi yota :bounce i received my new enforcer last week,it's the finest ground plane antenna ever!I have a spectrum 1600,Imax 2000,sigma 4 "original" model and a old antron with gp kit,And as soon as i installed it on my 50 foot tower :wow everybody was showing a easy 1.5+ of additional signal power :!: My ears are better and i have a nice steady 1.1.1 with the sb220 running full output.The antenna itself is very well built and "pretuned" just line up the marks,Took me a full 15 minutes from box to put together and checking for match{1.1.1} and i had to stare at it a while with my girl freinds, Meeaaww!!!!!!! Nice fully welded top hat also.I love all my Coily antennas :mrgreen: I am going to get some pictures sent to Dan so he can post them.
2xtrucker antennas
Dx 18" single coily
Comp Double coily
Enforcer Base unit
2X8 X-force Kicking my Kitty cat :LOL: Thanks Mr,coily antennas for great service and great antennas.

hotfirebirdy said:
Yota said:
Ok I have recieved my Enforcer Base Antenna..First off I would like to say is the Quality and Craftsmenship in making this Antenna is Awesome !! I contacted Dan, Told him I would like to Buy one, And he Then asked me Where I talk the Most ?? I told him, Also in Skip land too.. I asked why ? He told Me he was going to tune it, and place Sharpie Markers for me with a Flat Match before he even sends it !!
Ok so it arrives, 3 days after ordering it, Shipped perfect no Damages at all..Ok I dont know if you Guys have even looked on Coilys Web page to see it !! If you have not you All should. Ok after Setting it up on a 12' pole to check the Match, I had to change Nothing ! I was using a MFJ 269, It was a Perfect Match on 27.105 and My skip channel too 26.915. When I turned on the Heat " Henry 5k " I went to a 1.2 on 27.105 only Unreal.
My testing Shows This, On a Magnum S9 on my locals that are between 8 miles and a buddy 52 miles away. This is what I have..On locals that are less than 10 miles away. They see between 2-3 S units more, I see 1.5-2 S-units more on my Reciece on them. The Biggy is on my Buddy that is 52 Miles away " Mr Filthy Mcnasty " He is in Dunbarton NH. I give Filthy 1.5-2 S unit more on him I get 2 unit on recieve more. That is unreal !! Know mind you I have had other antennas too, I have a Super Scanner, Super Penetrator, Imax 2000, Antron 99, This thing Smokes them all !! This Antenna it 25 feet tall, You can go Taller if you need to there is the room.. It has 9' ground radials makeing it 18' feet across on the Ground radial..36' in Ground lenth alone !!
I have a local up here that just bought a I-10k, And he was happy with it, was a bitch to tune the Trumbone on it ! He got it close on the Match, But on the lowers 26.915, He has no ears, And on the Upper he has Ears but a bad Match 27.785, his swr is 2.5 on a Galaxy 95t. He is selling his I-10k..LOL..The Final straw that did it for him was this, After I set up The Enforcer, with just the radio and him with a 95t and he is 8 miles from me and another local that is 5-8 miles from both of us. My antenna is 60' up his is 45-50' I could talk all over his Interceptor !! All over it !!
I just wanted you all to know about my new Enforcer,And you should go read About it..I think you will really Be impressed with it as I am. The service I got from Dan was Awesome, He has even called 4-5 times making sure I was 100% happy with it !! Service second to none !! Thanks Dan !! Tell ya more later as we go....

Peace Yota

Hi yota :bounce i received my new enforcer last week,it's the finest ground plane antenna ever!I have a spectrum 1600,Imax 2000,sigma 4 "original" model and a old antron with gp kit,And as soon as i installed it on my 50 foot tower :wow everybody was showing a easy 1.5+ of additional signal power :!: My ears are better and i have a nice steady 1.1.1 with the sb220 running full output.The antenna itself is very well built and "pretuned" just line up the marks,Took me a full 15 minutes from box to put together and checking for match{1.1.1} and i had to stare at it a while with my girl freinds, Meeaaww!!!!!!! Nice fully welded top hat also.I love all my Coily antennas :mrgreen: I am going to get some pictures sent to Dan so he can post them.
2xtrucker antennas
Dx 18" single coily
Comp Double coily
Enforcer Base unit
2X8 X-force Kicking my Kitty cat :LOL: Thanks Mr,coily antennas for great service and great antennas.

Glad to see your back and thanks!Also for all your help with your buddies the other day on there mobile...73sss www.mrcoily.com :Wavey The Antennas man!

I recently perchased a MR Coily Base enforcer antenna. For my new base station. I am completely happy with it..... it was easy to assemble (Note I am a novice). I assembled it to the sharpy marks that Mr coily provided. Used my Workman meter to check my S.W.R got a 1.1:1 across the board CH 1, 20,40. with no adjustments..... WOW.
Then I hooked up my XForce XT 40012 and my SWR only went up to 1.2:1. full power. The antenna looks awsome.... It talks well and has good ears. I talk to some skip from Florida yesterday and it was awsome. TVI is at a minimum.. but should go away when I install my low pass filters and my baun kit on my feedline. and raise it to 50'. My only concern is how well it will hold up with high wind and winter... I will see. Note this is my first Base Station and I have no experience with other antennas but a Star Duster that my dad used on his base when I was growing up. I am happy with my Coily. :D

Drifter

Drifter said:
I recently perchased a MR Coily Base enforcer antenna. For my new base station. I am completely happy with it..... it was easy to assemble (Note I am a novice). I assembled it to the sharpy marks that Mr coily provided. Used my Workman meter to check my S.W.R got a 1.1:1 across the board CH 1, 20,40. with no adjustments..... WOW.
Then I hooked up my XForce XT 40012 and my SWR only went up to 1.2:1. full power. The antenna looks awsome.... It talks well and has good ears. I talk to some skip from Florida yesterday and it was awsome. TVI is at a minimum.. but should go away when I install my low pass filters and my baun kit on my feedline. and raise it to 50'. My only concern is how well it will hold up with high wind and winter... I will see. Note this is my first Base Station and I have no experience with other antennas but a Star Duster that my dad used on his base when I was growing up. I am happy with my Coily. :D

Drifter

Thanks drifter,,,,I am glad it's working well for you, and if there is any problem with it any time i will take care if it and fix ASAP!! So not to worry i have you covered.

I have just received my Coily Enforcer base antenna as well. I will use it for about 1 month before I do a full review. But for the 4 days it has been up I have noticed about 2 db better transmit and receive over the Imax 2000/GPK and Maco V58 antenna. One person asked me if I had a 2 pill box on and I said I was barefoot and he thought I was kidding! Took 10 mins to put up and pretuned! It still needs to go up higher though. On DX it is a great skip talker. It will not be as good as the gizmotchy beams I am using but it sure has started a good mess on Ch 28 AM over here no doubt!

I can hear low signal stations now that I couldnt copy before. Receive is nice and quiet and static free. Imax was NOISY!!!!

I just saw that Excalibur base antenna and I am drooling!!!

Coily, can I raise the top peice up even further for better performance? or leave it where it is set?

I have noticed about 2 db better transmit and receive over the Imax 2000/GPK and Maco V58 antenna

I'm not trying to put anyone down, but I have to question where figures like "2 db" comes from. 1 S unit increase is approximately 6 db gain. It takes two times the power output to make 3db of gain. So to move 1 S unit, you would need almost 4 times the power. So by "2 db", do you mean almost 1/2 an s-unit increase with the coily antenna?

As I sit here and read this thread. I have noticed alot of misunderstandings in how things technically work. I am not saying this antenna is not a good performer. Because I have no experience with it. But to post and say it transmits and recieves 2db better? No wrong !!!!.

1 s-unit is 6 db gain
to get 6 db gain, you need about 4x as much power

With that said. Your radio is not a accuruate tool to measure any DB Gain increases on your antenna. Yes the needle may say 2 more s units. With a Omni Directional Antenna their is only so much they can do.

Maybe MasterChief or Jay can chime in here and explain this better since they have a much better understanding of Antenna theory than me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated