• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mr Coily's Base Enforcer Antenna

the problem however is that it doesn't quite work out that way using the conventional s meters in the equipment that we use

I was waiting for someone to open that can of worms. I almost did it, but figured I had typed enough for one post :p. The whole S-Unit = 6db thing is a "guideline", not a hard and fast specification, especially with CB's and also holds true with better rigs. Freecell's comments are true..........

Talked to Meatball on the way home from work last nignt a little after midnight. A little skip was rolling. Sounded good in Indiana but conditions were kind of lame. He was talking that antenna up for sure.

Mr Clean said:
Talked to Meatball on the way home from work last nignt a little after midnight. A little skip was rolling. Sounded good in Indiana but conditions were kind of lame. He was talking that antenna up for sure.

It made a world of differance for him..tvi went away and he started hearing and talking to station that just were not there on the I-max,ears and output increased dramaticly..aluminum is the only way to fly...Just wish i could build them for less but the stuff is spendy and the way i am making them,,alot of machine time...73sss Dan

Mr Coily that would be a question I was going to ask. TVI is my main concern. Putting a Groundplane up this fall. Have a house about 120 ft from were I am putting groundplane. Beams coming in spring. Any plans on a beam? I see your building two Groundplanes and this may have been asked before but is the more costly antenna any better as far as TX/RX goes? I know it handles more power and looks cool as well.

Mr Clean said:
Mr Coily that would be a question I was going to ask. TVI is my main concern. Putting a Groundplane up this fall. Have a house about 120 ft from were I am putting groundplane. Beams coming in spring. Any plans on a beam? I see your building two Groundplanes and this may have been asked before but is the more costly antenna any better as far as TX/RX goes? I know it handles more power and looks cool as well.

Well the main reasoms the tvi is being eliminated in some case completly! but not in all cases, Is RF bleed is a bastard and some times,it will not go away. Usually the main cause is a dirty radio and over modulation splatter :!:
The larger counterpoise/Ground planes i use do help to bounce the signal up where it should be upward instead of all around like non ground plane type antennas. The other and i belive the biggest differance is the dc grounded matching coil i use in the base section giving any stray rf! and also atmospheric static a direct feed to ground..You can also add a large thick copper ground wire for added help..The excalibur antenna is performing better it is taller and lower loss.I built this antenna special for the person who is a serious operator with a real station who knows what good equipment costs,and who wanted the very best possible antenna with maximum gain,High winding and lowest loss possible in the matching sytem and the excalibur beats the enforcer in all those areas the enforcer is a great antenna but it is second to the bigger brother..I quarentee you this,if you buy an excalibur antenna you will be enjoying the superior quailty and performance of a serious top end ground plane made custom machined high quality and pretuned and tested before shippment...it is what was asked for special order and i decided to let everybody have a shot at it....73sss You will have the best when you buy a coily!www.mrcoily.com

Reactions: 1 person
I like the idea of Jay and Dan building some high quality higher priced antennas. Plenty of lower priced antennas that do a good job. If a guy is wanting somthing that will last a long time or run huge amounts of power these guys are filling the bill.

Most of the cbers around here were very negative when I mentioned a $500 vertical.....around here $500 will buy a used beam and a banana tower and a rotor.

You must live in mexico and use American denaro.

Nope....Michigan........and I was referring to used prices....my pdl-2 in mint condition plus 30ft banana tower was under $200.....and I know where a set of Moonraker 4s are for $200......I have a tree problem or else I would grab them.

I have a tree problem or else I would grab them.

stihl%20TOY%20CHAINSAW500.jpg

This tree is huge and it hangs right over my home.....its five big trees coming out of one humongous stump....it will take a pro to cut it down.

Yeah....the tree cutter guys were here today.....I'll tell ya what....it sure pays to shop around and get different estimates.....2 other guys who came and gave estimates wanted $2000 to cut the big maple down....this last guy will do it for $700....thats leaving the lumber....but I figure I can give it away...a lot of fellow cb buddies burn wood for heat in winter.

just for grins, do some more checking about walnut. If it's in halfway decent 'shape', it can go for much more than fireplace wood.
- 'Doc

just for grins, do some more checking about walnut. If it's in halfway decent 'shape', it can go for much more than fireplace wood.
- 'Doc

It is a maple tree....the kind that put down those seeds that whirl like a helicopter....the big tree on the other side of my home is a white swamp oak....its wood might be worth something?

Our trees are not in leaf yet....but when they are....you cannot see my antenna.

DSC_0008-4.jpg

DSC_0006-5.jpg

DSC_0005-10.jpg

DSC_0004-11.jpg

DSC_0001-11.jpg

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.