• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mr Coily's Base Enforcer Antenna

Hey thanks eastside for bringing back this old thread. I read it and others and devcided to try adding radials to my imax. I just got of the roof and took of the parachute cord I had running from just below the imax and added metal guide wire 5/8 long like I read on another forum. I just tried it with Julie Mike and Terance. to julie my signal is up from 5 to almost 7 and to Mike Im used to be 4 now to over 5 and to Terance Im just in the red from an 8 before. I guess its the radials that make them metal antenaas work better. I reccomend adding wires at 5/8 long to all with an imax. I went to the parachute cord amnd tied it of at the end of 5/8 and attached the 4 wires to a bolt I drilled thru the top of the imax bolt plate and the static is less to.

Last edited:
Hey thanks eastside for bringing back this old thread. I read it and others and devcided to try adding radials to my imax. I just got of the roof and took of the parachute cord I had running from just below the imax and added metal guide wire 5/8 long like I read on another forum. I just tried it with Julie Mike and Terance. to julie my signal is up from 5 to almost 7 and to Mike Im used to be 4 now to over 5 and to Terance Im just in the red from an 8 before. I guess its the radials that make them metal antenaas work better. I reccomend adding wires at 5/8 long to all with an imax. I went to the parachute cord amnd tied it of at the end of 5/8 and attached the 4 wires to a bolt I drilled thru the top of the imax bolt plate and the static is less to.

No problem. :)

(y) on improving your TX and RX.

They make a "Ear kit" or Ground plane kit "GPK" for the IMAX 2000.

If adding radials made your sig go up 2 S-units something must be really wrong somewhere.

How about telling the same folks you added 8 more radials and see how many more S units you get.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.