• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mr.S here is my bandwidth curves for the Marconi 7x vs. 4x

Marconi

Usually if I can hear em' I can talk to em'.
Oct 23, 2005
Houston
Hey MrS, I modified my Marconi antenna as you suggested, to see what happens with the 3 horizontal radials removed from the antenna. You didn't say, as usual, what you thought would be the results, when asking me what I thought those elements might be doing for the antenna.

When I did the first testing of my 1/4 wave idea, adding radials, I saw a nice increase in field strength on air and using my FS Meter at about 50' feet out and 20' feet high at the tip of the FSM antenna as I added more radials. I attempted to duplicate this idea back in 2009 again, but I was having trouble with my analyzer and failed in the attempt.

Here is what happened as best I can tell. I'll be testing the new M4x over the next few days to try and determine if I can see any difference against the SGM vs. the M7x. And then I'm going to try and test a shortened radiator with a top hat on the Marconi xx, which ever proves to show the best signals. It will be interesting to see what the bandwidth might show on such a setup as I suggest.

What do you think such a setup might show, including performance, match, and bandwidth?

View attachment 4265

View attachment 4266

View attachment Marconi 7x - 4x 030411.pdf

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated