• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My coax debate

Chicken Band refugee...

129025587936902965.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
i'm part parrot and part experimenter .
i'm also part dumb azz and part smart azz .

so i'm probably not qualified to clean the floors at the RF Alley :love:

Really? I don't recall seeing you there. Must have been during Mike's days.

I have been to his place of work on the odd occasion. Locally we call the site "RF Alley".

I'd like to spend at least two months at RCI in Sackville, NB to better figure the place out before it gets dismantled. With ongoing budget cuts it seems to be only a matter of time until it gets shut down. Even 70kW+ FM tends to get dwarfed next to a pair of 350kW shortwave transmitters. No PL259s there...

More UHF Connector Tests

I can't vouch for anyone else here but I can vouch for VO1KS. I have been to his place of work on the odd occasion. Locally we call the site "RF Alley".

Here is a good review of UHF versus N connectors. Note the return loss figures at 2m and 70cm especially.

The UHF type connectors under network analysis

Here are some test results of a variety of UHF connectors compared with N, BNC, SMA and TNC.

Search for "UHF Connector" - Ham Radio . me

Really? I don't recall seeing you there. Must have been during Mike's days.

I have been to his place of work on the odd occasion. Locally we call the site "RF Alley".

I'd like to spend at least two months at RCI in Sackville, NB to better figure the place out before it gets dismantled. With ongoing budget cuts it seems to be only a matter of time until it gets shut down. Even 70kW+ FM tends to get dwarfed next to a pair of 350kW shortwave transmitters. No PL259s there...

Somehow I missed this post. Yeah Warren it was several years ago. I can't remember Mike's last name but I believe it was him. There was another guy there as well that I remember, long hair and had a boat. I was there the day after Hurricane Juan checking on the CHFX tx and was talking to him. He told me rode out the storm in his boat in the harbour. Come to think of it, didn't he used to work for MBS? Used to live at the CHNS tx site for a while. Maybe I am confused and "Mike" and "the other guy" are one and the same. Anyway been there a couple times. Even borrowed a spec analyzer from you guys once a loooong time ago.

Greg, that's it. He is the one I got the spec analyzer from and talked too about the hurricane. Met Wayne a time or too as well and swapped MBS horror stories. As for Mike Maxwell, AFAIC he is a condescending little POS and I would never insult someone by getting them confused with Mike. Nuff said. :angry:

This is where I feel compelled to post my little sign.

threaddirection.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated