• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

my junk in the house

maybe sparky will replace it . i do wish it had a higher value cap so the talkbck could be completely eliminated or a switch . but its very very handy for getting an eye deer (hehe) of the echo level and modulation clarity on radios that dont have talkback .
it certianly doesnt replace a QUALITY radio check though .

booty,

nice setup!

is your meter light burnt out on that washington?
looks like it is.

i know you dont like to get inside radios, but this is one of the easiest repairs ever!

its called a grain of wheat bulb and you might even be able to get one at radio shack.
they're not polarized so you cant possibly hook it up wrong.

c'mon, give it a shot. LOL
LC

theres a red one in it , sometimes if flicks on for a nanosecond then off till....... . so its just a short .
ill replace it . i was told to use a 12 volt led but i didnt see one at radio shack . if they have one that will work properly and you could post a link from their online catalog to it so i know EXACTLY what im looking for ill name my first born after you . ;)

ill want to replace it with a regular white one , when the red one worked it didnt provide enough illumination for my taste , so i would have wanted to replace it anyhow .
i did swap a larger dial on the clarifier for less touchy and easier fine tuning on SSB . :)

i must admit , curlyjoes setup is outta sight !!
and i'm definitely a oscar , not a felix .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated