• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Name of shop: I can't remember

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
Anyone know the name of the repair shop in Illinois that does Ranger Warranty work. I think it's close to Chicago.

The guy that runs it used to work for Cobra way back when...

Could have been "Radio Shop Supply" in Huntley. The work, I believe, is actually done by CNC Electronics in Hampshire.

Who lives in CO?
Has anyone been to this place?

Dr. Duck's Quack Shack CB Radio Repair - Walsenburg, Colorado - YouTube

I am NOT bagging on this shop, just wondering who might be in the area.....I know guys that have started in little shops like this and have gone on to be very good radio shops later on.

Jeff

Walsenburg is south of Colorado Springs on the way to Wolf creek Pass,Monte Vista/ the Great Sand Dune in south western Colorado.

An I-25 hackshack most likely, quackshack is a stretch I imagine.

Strange fellow for sure. Although he does seem to have a nice neat and orderly little shop.

I have never heard anyone say anything about his work either way, I guess no one that is on any of the forums lives close and has ever given him a shot.

Cool home made battery charger, and it looks like he has another solar panel on top of the camper in addition to the small one in the back of the pick-up.
Hey you got to start some where.....I have seen worse and it looks like it is set there to stay.......not like the "only there one day shops".
Just wondered if anyone here has been there.

jeff

Are you in CO, Pro151?
Looks like a TX-500 next to the Galaxy radio on the shelf... some stuff behind him, T/S 250HDV maybe, a Meter, Base Mic.
Scope, frequency counter, (yes) a Dosy meter.....but it looks clean.
When I lived down in the Valley there was a guy that worked out of a Motor home at the Pilot...... He was on the other end of the scale.
If you open the door and there is dog hair all over everything....Run.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?