• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need advice repairing Ranger 2970N4 amp

Just had another thought...

I could wire the ignition switch to toggle the relay off if the radio is on already. This would prevent brain farts if I shut the truck off momentarily at a guard shack and then start it back up while the radio is on.
You could go all out with a logic circuit a two input AND gate. You sense two lines so you have to have this input AND that input to power up your radio. You could make it more complicated and I would be happy to draw that up for you

Reactions: llilillill
You could go all out with a logic circuit a two input AND gate. You sense two lines so you have to have this input AND that input to power up your radio. You could make it more complicated and I would be happy to draw that up for you

Show me what you're thinking. I was thinking about using a DPDT momentary rocker switch to operate the latching relay. Then running a wire from the crank circuit on the ignition switch to the OFF side of the momentary switch.

This way, trying to start the truck, or pressing off on the switch would open the relay. Turning the radio back on would require pressing the ON switch.

Reactions: Tallman
17 volts did not blow your transistors.

these transistors are routinely run at 18 to 20 volts in competition style systems.

I haven't seen anyone ask you what kind of antenna you have, and what your SWR is yet.

A high SWR combined with long keydown times could certainly cause this.
LC

Reactions: llilillill
17 volts did not blow your transistors.

these transistors are routinely run at 18 to 20 volts in competition style systems.

I haven't seen anyone ask you what kind of antenna you have, and what your SWR is yet.

A high SWR combined with long keydown times could certainly cause this.
LC

It's running on a Wilson 2000 and LMR240 Ultraflex. The SWR is 1.0

I really never ran the radio much more than 50% power. I'd tend to agree with Tallman, that it was a spike from the starter. I had an injector o-ring that was causing the motor to hydro lock occasionally. When it did, the inverter would shut off with a high voltage alarm. The battery charger issue probably just brought it to light.

Was there any useful information in this video? He sounded kind of drunk to me and he seemed to rely heavily on the bird meter which shows no useful information.
Here is a radio he did for someone that I know in the middle of March 2016.

Here is that same radio on a real bench on April 4th 2016

The guy complained about it being over modulated and distorted and people were making fun of him and he was unable to hear very far. I suspect that once the owner of Bells CB shop sees these videos being compared to each other he will probably delete his video to get rid of any incriminating evidence.
If you look in the comments at the bottom of the second video the owner of the radio made a comment about the radio and his name matches the name in the description on Bells video.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated