• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New CB Product Reviews Coming Soon...

I am not saying that they are doing anything dishonest, but it is in any businesses best interest to put their best foot forward, and they all make an extra effort to give the demo piece the utmost attention to make sure they do. Anyway, I dont think all dealers do tune up the radios they sell, and most that do dont know what they are doing anyway.
LOL on the house. Maybe you can gethim to pay for your gas.:whistle:

PR

I'm expecting the radio to show up perhaps tomorrow (Monday) or by the end of this coming week.

I'll be charging the batteries on my Canon XTi and putting on my favorite 50mm f/1.4 lens to take pictures with.

If it sounds at all like I'm anxious - you'd be right...

Rob,

I think that the "flak" you are getting is based upon what customers want to know about a radio.

One of the first things they want to know is, "do i have to get this radio aligned and tuned right out of the box?"

the other members of this forum are saying that your review will not help them in this sense because the radio you receive will undoubtedly have been aligned by a professional technician.

so your review will be a good indication of what this radio will do after it has had a complete alignment and checkout, but will not be indicative of what the rest of the buyers will experience.

if you read my review of the Galaxy DX959, you will see that i took measurements of an off the shelf radio to give potential buyers an idea of what they might have to have done to the radio after purchase.

im not saying that your review will not have merit; it will. just not the kind of info that many of us would like to know before buying a certain chassis.

i too will be looking forward to your review of this new radio.
LC

Got an automated telephone message form UPS today.
They said the package will be delivered tomorrow and will need to be signed for.
So - in a couple of days the review should be on the WWRF.
Tomorrow I'm going to play with the radio - and throw it on a meter.
Need to talk to Bob's CB and Chris Holland on the phone and interview them as well...

BootyMon: As all radios are generally 'tuned' by the shop that one might purchase new, I just thought it would be fair to do it the way they feel was done most correctly. After all; at least it will be a reasonable assumption that the mfr can give their customers an honest expectation of what they are buying. I doubt very much that Chris Holland - RF Limited's chief tech - would make it into a bomb that will blow up due to tuning the output so high as to cause it failure while under review.

i agree rob , i guess i missread your earlier post . i just didnt want hand pick products that may not represent what our respective techs will have for a starting point to work on to start with . testing them at 4/12 watts pep really wouldnt be useful for the tx side of the review as you suggested .

thanks for the effort ;)

ps , how about some pics inside and out tomorrow to wet our appetites befor the review ? :)

Looking at the box, it's the S45HP.
I've got the S45 and it's a good talker,but you might want to use it for a base set-up.(you have to push 2or3 buttons all the same time for some function)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated