• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Elecraft PX3 Panadapter for the KX3

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
Today Elecraft announced a new portable panadapter, the PX3 for use with its popular portable KX3 HF rig. This picture was tweeted by @elecraft from the Visalia DX Convention in California where the PX3 is being shown for the first time:

moleculo-albums-elecraft-kx3-pics-picture4099-px3-panadapter.jpg

While the release date has not been announced, Elecraft is already taking orders. The kit price is $499.95; the assembled price is $569.95. The early spec sheet shows that there will be a future USB option for a keyboard or memory stick and also an option for an external SVGA adapter.

As expected, The PX3 is fully integrated with the KX3, meaning you can dial the PX3 knob to select a visible signal and then tap it to change the rig frequency. The visible bandwidth is up to 200 kHz, better than any known sound card based panadapter solutions. The early spec sheet can be found at http://www.elecraft.com/manual/PX3 Data Sheet rev B1a.pdf.

I'll post more information as it becomes available.

I have not looked at the spec sheet, what kind of current draw are we talking about?
Looks very cool sitting next to the KX3.

Jeff

Current draw is 140 mA at 13.8 volts. Wayne from Elecraft recently commented that there is enough room to put a battery holder inside for AA batteries but they're not sure if they will make that route available. I would hope so, but it should be easy enough to modify to add later if desired.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?