1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Kenwood TH-D72 VHF/UHF Mobile APRS rig

Discussion in 'Ham Equipment' started by Moleculo, May 14, 2010.

1. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator
    Staff Member

Kenwood has confirmed the release of a new VHF/UHF mobile APRS rig to be shown at Dayton this year. Here is a copy of the press release:

Kanagawa, Japan, May 7, 2010
    — Kenwood Corporation, an operating company of the JVC Kenwood Group, is proud to announce the autumn/winter launch of two new Amateur Radio transceivers: the TS-590S and TH-D72.

144/430MHz Dual Band FM Portable - TH-D72 (tentative naming)

The APRS® capability found on Kenwood’s TH-D7* and TM-D710 has been upgraded for the TH-D72. Thanks also to the internal GPS unit, APRS operations will be more enjoyable than ever. The TH-D72 also offers EchoLink® memory compatibility and a mini-USB connector for enhanced computer connectivity. This transceiver is sure to make ham radio operations easier and more fun for all.

* For overseas model/Discontinued model

Hopefully more info will be coming soon.

2. Slim

Slim Active Member

I hate to say it but..... I didn't see that one at the show !! I'll have 2 ask about it tomorrow when I go back for better pics.
    73.Slim.W8CDF.