• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Pistol Grip Power Mic

They have been around forever. I think Telex had the original one way back in the 70's. I know there are some threads around here where a couple of guys tried them, and they seem to work pretty well.

Brett

They have been around forever. I think Telex had the original one way back in the 70's. I know there are some threads around here where a couple of guys tried them, and they seem to work pretty well.

Brett

Dang. Always a day late and a dollar short. (n)

I saw where Moleculo recently had to purchase additional memory space on the server for this site; he could have saved a lot of money by simply deleting all of my useless and redundant posts. :unsure:

Reactions: 2RT307
Dang. Always a day late and a dollar short. (n)

I saw where Moleculo recently had to purchase additional memory space on the server for this site; he could have saved a lot of money by simply deleting all of my useless and redundant posts. :unsure:
ROFL! Well, it's hard to find stuff sometimes in a search... I have lost my own posts sometimes! I *think* Mudfoot bought one of the ones you are looking at off of Ebay and like it quite a bit. You might ask him?

Brett

Reactions: Riverman
ROFL! Well, it's hard to find stuff sometimes in a search... I have lost my own posts sometimes! I *think* Mudfoot bought one of the ones you are looking at off of Ebay and like it quite a bit. You might ask him?

Brett

Thanks.
It's lost its appeal now. If I got one, every time I keyed the mic it would remind me of this thread and what a waste of good air and space I've become. :(

any takers for da shop sign?
s-l225.jpg

cheep @ twice the price:LOL:

Actually, yes. They work surprising well for what they are, I've gotten good audio reports using one. It uses an electret cartridge, I figured that at the very least it would be a simple test bed for the myriad of electret elements on the market today. There was a thread started here previously about these mics (by M42 Duster, IIRC) that reported decent results on Ham rigs as well.

Oh, BTW, the mics come with a cardboard warning insert in the packaging advising you to not use the pistol grip design as a weapon. :ROFLMAO::rolleyes::LOL:

I have one about 20 years old in my toolshed. Never used it though.
Actually, yes. They work surprising well for what they are, I've gotten good audio reports using one. It uses an electret cartridge, I figured that at the very least it would be a simple test bed for the myriad of electret elements on the market today. There was a thread started here previously about these mics (by M42 Duster, IIRC) that reported decent results on Ham rigs as well.

Oh, BTW, the mics come with a cardboard warning insert in the packaging advising you to not use the pistol grip design as a weapon. :ROFLMAO::rolleyes::LOL:

Thanks, PA.
I searched and and didn't find a previous thread about them. Still can't. Anyway, sounds like they work pretty well. Just don't know how good one would look with my Browning Mark III. (If I had one.) :p
When I first saw a picture of this mic, I thought it was a cigarette lighter. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: rabbiporkchop

Pretty sure Mudfoot used to be M42 Duster, so that makes sense to me. Like I said, I heard they worked decent. I think I was going to buy one from H+Y a long time ago, but the shipping was just stupid, so I passed. Funny stuff about the using it as a weapon. :)

Brett

Reactions: Riverman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated