• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Super Star T747 Mic Tester. Manual anyone?

JJim

Jul 2, 2005
www.yoursaftnet.com
I just bought a brand new Super Star T747 Microphone Test Center. Naturally, it came without any paperwork. That's right! Not even a user manual. Obviously I know how to use the basics of the unit but, I have no idea what the 3 position connector on the left side of the unit is for (marked Audio - Grd - V+), nor what the 8 position connector on the right side is for (marked 1. Out - 2.Gnd - 3.SW - 4.N/C - 5.Mic - 6.Gnd - 7.Gnd - 8.V+)
Can anybody help me out here with a description of what is what or, better yet, a user manual available for download?

Thanks

-jim

I just picked up one of these T747 Mic Testers, and being disappointed with the lack of any type of instructions, decided to open it up and start poking around with an ohm meter to see what's what. So let's blow the dust off this four+ year old post and list what I found:

On the left side are 3 terminals labeled Audio, GRD, and V+.

"GRD" and "V+" are connected directly to the NEG and 13.8V+ on the back. In addition, all grounds in the tester are common and connected to the chassis.

"Audio" is connected to the input of the amplifier.

On the right side you've got 8 terminals. These are meant to be used with the Microphone/Echo Test switch.

"GND" on pin 2,6,and 7 is ground, connected to all the other grounds.

"V+" on pin 8 is a constant regulated 9VDC+ if you need that to supply power to an echo box or noise toy.

"SW" on pin 3 is wired to TX - on a Cobra 4-pin it would be Pin 3, and can be used as either an input or output. When this terminal connects to ground it tells your echo box to start sampling.

Terminal 1 and 5 only work when the Microphone/Echo Test switch is flipped, and I believe are labeled backwards on the bottom of the tester. In "Echo Test" the audio from all of the mic jacks get switched away from the amplifier and instead go to Pin 5 "Mic" which is supposed to be connected to the echo box's input. The echo box output is connected to terminal 1 "Out" which goes to the input of the audio amp.

With the Microphone/Echo Test switch flipped to "Microphone" terminals 1 & 5 are dead, but the others still work.

But what if you don't have the correct jack? For instance, I wanted to check the D104 from my old Yaesu that uses a 1/4" stereo phono plug. Easy, all you've got tip, ring, and shell. Shell is ground, and ring is audio, with the tip is connected to ground on transmit. So I run a jumper from shell to GND/GRD and ring to Audio on the left side terminal block. I don't have to activate transmit for the amp to work, but if I want to test it I run another jumper from tip over to terminal 3 "SW" on the right side. The RX LED will never light (no need for it with relay switching), but when I squeeze the lever the TX LED lights up telling me the mic switch is working.

In the future I'm probably going to drill and mount a 1/4" jack in the side of the chassis and wire it up so I can just plug these mics in and test them without resorting to jumper leads.

Well, I hope this helps clear up what all those question about how to hook up your SuperStar T747 Mic Tester!

Yeah these testers are awesome. Have the same one. Very impressed with what all they'll do and for how cheap even a new one is.

You can power the thing from the 3 terminals on left side. That's what I do. Have +/- cord running over to bench test power supply and run it into the +/- left side terminals.

Can hook a noise toy right up to same terminal set. Usually white wire on a noise toy is audio so connect white to the "audio" terminal which is the left most of the 3. Black wire from toy should be ground so put it in the (-) slot. Then just touch the Red wire from toy against the + terminal to power it and should fire and be heard out the onboard speaker.

The 8 terminal set on right side is also used for determining the functions of mike wires where you have a mic with no plug on it and don't know what wire does what function.

And NO...I didn't get a manual either.....dammit boy

Good luck These T747's should be on everybody's test bench

I just bought a brand new Super Star T747 Microphone Test Center. Naturally, it came without any paperwork. That's right! Not even a user manual. Obviously I know how to use the basics of the unit but, I have no idea what the 3 position connector on the left side of the unit is for (marked Audio - Grd - V+), nor what the 8 position connector on the right side is for (marked 1. Out - 2.Gnd - 3.SW - 4.N/C - 5.Mic - 6.Gnd - 7.Gnd - 8.V+)
Can anybody help me out here with a description of what is what or, better yet, a user manual available for download?

Thanks

-jim
SUPER STAR T747:

LE CLIP 7 GROUND AND LE CLIP 8 SERT A ALIMENTER LES MICROS DEMUNIS DE BATTERY POUR LES TESTS AND LA SORTIE EST DE 8,8 VOLTS

SUPER STAR T747:

THE CLIP 7 GROUND AND THE CLIP 8 SERVES TO FEED MICROPHONES DEPRIVED OF BATTERY FOR THE TESTS AND THE EXIT(RELEASE) IS 8,8 VOLTS

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated