• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Uniden Bearcat 680 CB Audio demonstration (video)

thanks for the time and energy you're putting into getting the radios then testing and sharing your results with us . would it be possible on a video review to show us a comparison of the new am models to something like a 25/29 and on the 980 to a 858/8719 based radio or a galaxy/ranger ssb radio ?
thanks again (y)

Is it just me or is there no audio once he switches over to the receiver?

This is a problem with using multiple audio sources to the camera. I may try to remix the audio on the video to represent the radio better. After listening to it again and then listening in the headphones in the receiver, I'm not sure this video is doing a good enough job reproducing the sound.

Great video! Sounds like the 680 has nice clean mid range audio.

Is the face of the radio plastic or metal?

It looks and feels like metal. I'll open it up and check again because it's possible it's fooling me :D

Weird: On one of my PC's, the audio is the same level throughout. On another PC the audio is attenuated when the CB part is played, even after I edited the video to increase the volume at that point in the video.

This is a problem with using multiple audio sources to the camera. I may try to remix the audio on the video to represent the radio better. After listening to it again and then listening in the headphones in the receiver, I'm not sure this video is doing a good enough job reproducing the sound.

Don't go to tearing into it quite yet. Reading everybody else's posts it may just be because I was trying to watch it on my phone. It may be an issue with YouTube too. Just seems to be me though. I'll watch it on my computer when I get some time this evening.

Finally got on my laptop and listened. It must have been something with trying to watch it on my phone. I watched the embedded video here on the board and the audio came out OK. I'll agree that it does sound like YT is sacrificing audio quality for space and bandwith purposes.:thumbdown:

The Vimeo audio is much better!:D

Thanks for taking the time to post this!(y)

I went back and listened to the uploads of both videos and am pretty unhappy with how the audio sounds. I'm going to reshoot this video and hopefully correct the audio gain problems.

Maybe if you place a microphone near the recieving radio it might pick it up better than going straight to the cam.

I went back and listened to the uploads of both videos and am pretty unhappy with how the audio sounds. I'm going to reshoot this video and hopefully correct the audio gain problems.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.