• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

no tx on cobra 29 ltd

scootter

Oct 18, 2010
got a cobra 29 ltd no tx and no pa. changed final and driver but no change, you can hear mic key up on speaker but no power on meter and light go's out. it also has low power at t1 so i put in a new one but still low power like 4 to 5 watts, my other radio has 13 watts.:confused:

5 watts peak output?
There's a chance the the driver is what is showing that 5 watts; and the final isn't working. Seen that a couple of times. Could be something else; but I would check that first. If you have another final laying around - replace it.

No TX AND no PA, could be either microphone, mic jack, CB/PA switch or wiring, wiring from mic jack, and/or audio IC chip. I'd check those FIRST, and then move on from there.

Once I got the PA function working, then I'd move on to the RF portion.

Keep us posted.

Good luck!

no tx cobra 29ltd

thanks guys for the help still checking it out,also trying to get my bench together. just got a tower for my antenna also trying to finsh the drywall in my new radio room. to many things to do and not enough time.(y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.