• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

nostalgic radio i found in a box at my shop today with 2 channel selector knobs

if i remember right the switch between the selectors decided whether split or together,,, i liked the sbe that came out at the same time as this one ,, it had a vhf band monitor built in besides the cb band,,, talk on cb and listen to the police at same time....

I think that this was an early attempt at a radio that could monitor one frequency while transmitting on another. Interesting concept but not a real big seller.

CPIdigicom100.gif

Reminds me of this.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
The Palomar rig was basically the prototype for the CPI 300. IIRC the engineers from Swan and Palomar split off to form CPI. It was a hell of a radio!

The two channels knobs were more or less BCD (Binary Coded Decimal) switches to program the PLL frequency synthesizer. The FCC did not like these much as they covered too many frequencies and 'in-betweens'! I miss my CPI....

73 mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.