• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NTSB Recommends Full Ban On Use Of Cell Phones While Driving

LOL at highlited text above. Do you honestly believe that? Such rulings include exemptions for emergency services just like they already have exemptions for certain traffic laws.

In Texas, talking on your cell phone in a school zone is against the law. Do it while driving a police cruiser and no problem.

The NTSB has no official power to make or break any laws, all they can do is make recommendations to entities like the FMCSA who do have the ability to make laws in commercial transportation so I wouldn't get too upset about this yet.

I was on my way to Wyoming this AM in the hammer lane and this old fart in a short bus full of mentally challenged kids was on his phone and cut me off while passing another truck so I issued fair and balanced judgement toward him.
www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-fyou2.gif

omg! no phones in cars ,how will we survive ?;)
how did we get along all these years without such things??

phones have their place, but attached to your head while driving isnt that place .

personally i am old school ,a phone at home is all i ever needed .
during my youth if you wanted to make a call you went home ,to a friends house ,to a phone booth ,whatever .i was fine with that .

do i have a cell phone ?yes ....about a year now .got it out of necessity as we got rid of the home phone .
i use to like the fact you could go out and not have to hear a phone ring ,now you just cant get away from it .

you use to be able to go out and leave your problems at home ,now they follow you everywhere .cant go no darn place and not hear 5 different phones ringing .
hear 3 different convos going ,hear stupid text message alerts going off from every phone within an earshot .

sometimes i long for the simpler days .:pop:
PSA Texting while Driving U.K. Ad [HD] - YouTube

yes i agree that alot of drivers on the road just simply can not effin drive period....then put a cell phone in there hand and it twice as bad. You can follow someone on the highway at 75mph then you see them pick up the phone and the car slows to below 55mph and they drive slow in the left lane. just looking at distracting things on the side of the road are distracting at times.

But with the gadgets in cars these days, navigation and all the diffrent electronics. changing the stations and the climate control..all these things are a distraction, its not just the phone. On my phone I have voice to text that works excellent and also have handsfree. i kinda feel like its the driver who needs to be blamed not the phone.
What about MP3 players in cars...they can be a distraction too.
We are loosing our freedom in this country to do anything anymore.

i will keep using my phone as needed and talk on my radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated