• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ok BUFFALO i am done with all this snow!!!!!

KD2GOE

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 30, 2013
Buffalo
well as most of you know Buffalo is getting a beet down with 5+ feet of snow. And like the guy that cant say enough we are getting some more!!! on the News there calling for 2 more FEET!!!
10 meter has not been friendly I have talked to a few guys and feel my pain.
Being stuck in the house stinks!

GEDC0505.JPG
GEDC0507.JPG
GEDC0491.JPG
GEDC0464.JPG
GEDC0465.JPG
GEDC0469.JPG
GEDC0471.JPG
GEDC0476.JPG
GEDC0486.JPG
GEDC0487.JPG

Last edited:

I saw that on the news. Two meters of snow or about six and a half feet. They said it was falling at a rate of more than four inches an hour. Man you gotta love lake effect snow. I think I would either just move or shoot myself.

Reactions: KD2GOE
After being coop up in the house with the wife and a 4year old it was time for a walk. On our trek we found 1 pizza place open And we needed it. The national guard is in town helping with the clean up they are doing a fine job just can't wait for them to get down my street..
it was funny walking back home 3 people running trucks and loaders stopped us asking where the pizza place was open..

10714218_10152525128406448_8857614239065180137_o.jpg
GEDC0515.JPG
GEDC0523.JPG
GEDC0524.JPG
GEDC0526.JPG
GEDC0532.JPG
GEDC0545.JPG
GEDC0549.JPG
GEDC0550.JPG

mkube396 - I feel for you. Having grown up in Syracuse and experienced what lake effect is all about I know it well. This one, however, is one for the ages. Glad you got some pizza!

It's also awesome to see they are getting things cleared. You and I both know this weekend is gonna muck things up big time. Stay safe.

Thanks for posting the wonderful Pics. Something surreal looking at them ,when here on the other side of the world , I'm sitting in oppressive 95Deg heat with 70 percent humidity.
Two days ago we had temps over a hundred followed by a tropical thunder storm that dumped 6 inch of rain in an hour. Other side of the coin I guess. Stay safe and god bless.

I bet that pizza place is raking in the dough. The teen boys around here are lazy as hell, but looks like a kid could make enough to buy a brand new car shoveling walks and roof tops. That is some crazy ass snow. I like snow, but I'd get tired off that shit real quick.

Reactions: KD2GOE
I guess the first thing would be to pee your name in it. Since my mid 40's I can only manage to pee my initials. I could write a paragraph in my teens.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.