• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

opinions for a new setup

All those antennas you want for looks are going to cause reflect on the primary use antenna. So do you wanna look good or do you wanna talk?

well, ive decided to just either replace the radioshack whip with a wilson or k40, or do a co phase mirror mount with a glass mount scanner antenna. another thing i want to ask is, ive got my cobra 29 wx nw st mounted on the roof of my cab, on the inside of course, and i was wondering what would be a good 29 radio to go in its place as well as a mic?

Yeah, I'd forget about the Radio Shack and the K40 antenna.
That is - if you want it work as best as you can for the money you spend.
It's YOUR money; but you did ask for advice.
I wouldn't waste my time and money experimenting - when you have all of these experienced radio operators who have already been thru all of that.
Get the Wilson 1000 or 2000 - and you will DEFINITELY be talking and be pleased about your purchase!

i agee with rob.however i had over the year i ran a wilson 1000
on the roof and had a magnet mount radio shack scanner antenna mounted
across from the am/fm radio antenna.and however is telling ya wilsons arent
no good well not so.there definately not the best but if i were to list the
top 3 antennas they would be in there.and the radio shack antenna would be
in the garabage

i have it mounted on my roof of my truck....suprisingly its still there....i used to have it under the steering column to the right of it....but my truck is a 91 f250...so its a little roomier for a radio

To be perfectly honest about the whole RFX75 thing...it just seems to me like a whole lot of trouble for something that can be accomplished much easier. It's going to cost you about the same to just use a regular radio and a small linear amp. Or just have the radio tuned up good and see if that works before installing the linear. The RFX75 is neat, but it's a lot of work, and it's nevery warranteed. I wouldn't want to spend money on something that isn't guaranteed. Also, if you have the RFX75 installed and decide you still want more power, your only option is to step up to an amp that will take 100+ watts of drive, which is big bucks. Personally, I think the sweet spot for $$ spent is somewhere in the 250-350 watt range.

Oh yeah...like others have said...skip the cophase setup. Just run one good antenna.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.