• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ordered my first Radio from DTB Radio

667 chicago mobile

Apr 16, 2005
U.S.A.
Dave,
Thank's for the Great Job you done on the Connex 3300-HP.
I have to say it has a lot of Audio and Clean Audio to boot. I hooked it pick today and the reports I got were!!! TURN THAT RADIO DOWN.. And that's with out the Joker Amp on.. Now if only you could make my 2950DX talk like this Connex.. I really would have the Best of both World's.. Thanks Again
Job Well Done..
Tom

Yes, I did my "Big Talker Package" for him. Nothing fancy, just simple part value changes here and there (and there and there and...), a change in tuning here and there, lovingly mixed in just the right proportions....

Glad you're happy with the radio!

667 chicago mobile said:
Hillbilly360 said:
Did you get the Big Power Package on the Connex?

YOU BIT I DID :D :D :D :D BIG TALK PACKAGE is the only way to go.. You won't be sorry.. Belive me.. BIG RADIO RIG..
Tom

I guess i'm going to have to try one of is souped up radio's.I like the looks of that Stryker.

Hillbilly360 said:
Hey 667,what kind of wattage you seeing out of that Connex?

I dont mean to answer for him, but in general, the new Connex 3300HP's with the dual MOSFET's see 50+ watts PEP from a 14.2-14.3 volt supply. I don't recall exactly what reading I saw from his specific radio, though. I do too many to keep track, lol!

iam running a galaxy dx 95 t in my 4 wheeler and on the base i use a ranger rci 2950 dx in my diesel car hooked up to a zetagi pre amp just for some support hope to get the chance to talk acrooss the pond real soon happy holidays to all operators

DTB Radio said:
Mr Clean said:
Do you like the old or new style best DTB?

I like the new for its higher output, and the old for easier AMC adjustment (especially on low power).

Dave I hear that you have to let (New Connex) warm up first to set the LOW POWER.. If you don't.. Your LOW Power will be HIGH until the radio is Warm UP.. Is this right???
Tom

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ snippits75:
    @AF7LL At 45 degrees it will be omnidirectional. At 180, horizontal, it will be directional.
  • dxBot:
    sp5it has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool: