• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Original D-104 (Non Amplified) Mic wiring help please

pede69

Sep 30, 2010
{{ Original D-104 (Non Amplified) Mic }}

Wow...

This mic cord has 9 wires.

Shield
Black
Red
White
Green
Blue
Orange
Red with black stripe
White with black stripe

I would like to wire this for a 4 pin Cobra.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you very much,
John

{{ Original D-104 (Non Amplified) Mic }}

Wow...

This mic cord has 9 wires.

Shield
Black
Red
White
Green
Blue
Orange
Red with black stripe
White with black stripe

I would like to wire this for a 4 pin Cobra.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you very much,
John
Google is your friend. Try googling Astatic microphone manual

Thanks Binrat...

Actually, that was the first place I went...

Best I can tell the D-104 manual there is for the amplified version only.

Thank you,
John

Wow, I've never owned a G stand non-amp'd mic but had no idea they would come with a 9 wire arrangement. That doesn't really sound right. Maybe a previous owner changed the factory cord....sorry, don't know

Good luck

Yes... actually I got screwed on this mic. Just got it in from eBay today. Was supposed to be an ampped mic.

Even has the back cover of a Silver Eagle mic.

Came with a phono plug on it no less!!!

Guess I'll stick a 4 pin plug on it and put it up for sale on eBay. Then try again...

Thanks,
John

I've never heard of that either. None of my amplified D-104s have a 9 pin mic cord. Can you post a picture of the rats nest underneath?

Someone may have replaced the original with a cord they had lying around and just happened to be 9 wires.

Typically you would use the red, white, black and shield.

white- audio
red-ptt
black ground
shield- shield

Edit: I see your post above now and see you bough a classic eBay Frankenmic. Excellent.

Thanks RatSoW8...

Dealing with an emergency. I will get some pics up this evening sometime before 6:30pm EST.

Thank you again,
John

PS - I have noticed that the mic head says D-104 and the base says UG8 :)

Well...

I just decided to keep the mic. I will either build the amp board that originally came in the D-104 or build the speech processor I ordered the parts for a couple of months ago, and put it in it.

One question though...

The mic head has the back cover of the Silver Eagle. My concern is what mic element is in the mic head.

How can I tell if it is the original Silver Eagle mic element?

Thanks to all of you that have taken the time to reply thus far.

John

Howdy

The original factory cartridge in all of these D104's is a big round plastic disk that will say MC320 on it in big white lettering - can't miss it.

There never was a special or different element for Silver Eagles. Was just the special backplate.

Good luck on your project

Howdy

The original factory cartridge in all of these D104's is a big round plastic disk that will say MC320 on it in big white lettering - can't miss it.

There never was a special or different element for Silver Eagles. Was just the special backplate.

Good luck on your project

If it's anything else (which would go with the frankenmic theme) I would go with a rplacement mic element kit from RB Micro. I've used them and for about $30 it's a nice sounding element. The kit also somes with a set of die cut inserts that have been a perfect fit in the D-104's I used them in.

re

find a junker on ebay and put the amp board in it.
i might have one here. not sure i would have to look

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.