• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

palomar 300a

Rf express

Dec 23, 2017
I have recently picked up 2 black face chrome top 300a's only 1 power supply from a SK both do power up and all tube's glow fan's work have not tried to key em don't have a rig with low enough power to try,looking for something that my Ts 130se will work with.

I have recently picked up 2 black face chrome top 300a's only 1 power supply from a SK both do power up and all tube's glow fan's work have not tried to key em don't have a rig with low enough power to try,looking for something that my Ts 130se will work with.
Another thought: You might try adding negative control bias to the ALC INPUT of the rig's accessory connector. This is an old trick that works pretty well with the TS-520S, TS-820S, TS-530S etc. and it might work with the TS-130se also (haven't personally tried it).
I have used it on a IC-735, TS-120, TS-830S ...

Consider for a moment that the band selector on this amplifier is a fraud.

Mostly.

The tuned-input circuit found in most revisions of this model is resonant at 11 meters only. Will probably retune for 10 meters without a lot of tweaking.

But the other bands will not perform properly. Your drive signal will be reduced on the other bands, and the SWR on the input side of the amplifier will be really high. A modern solid-state ham radio that reduces power when it senses a high SWR just won't put much into it on those bands.

The 300A does have one thing going for it. The "High/Low" selector will totally bypass the two driver tubes in "Low" side. There will still be that pesky 11-meter input circuit on the four final tubes, but the radio drives them directly in "Low". You can unplug the two driver tubes altogether and the amplifier will still work on Low side.

This also means that you have two 11-meter only input circuits. The one for Low side is mounted behind the High/Low switch. The one for high side is tucked under the driver tubes near the front driver tube.

Each of these normally gets set separately on the side where it's active.

this would work great with my low power/wattage Browning S23/R47. Is the power supply connected via accesory plug or can be wired in?

the power supply connects via factory Palomar plug that plugs into the amp and then the amp plugs into standard 110 wall socket

Price?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated